What's new

Carved whale tooth bone

Lehuna

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Messages
58
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3BC48D5F-EF3E-4A27-BC3F-D9530F7AB2BE.webpAF1CE7B8-3F00-4623-8D3A-AA3E29DDBB33.webpAC122C5D-9B5F-48F2-A89E-4C7929FE80AA.webp5337D85F-ED12-44BC-9B29-0904E8A071BA.webpFCCFB05F-C98E-4E23-A338-D148DFF8DE7E.webp

My husband found this on the north shore of Maui. I showed my co worker that used to deal in scrimshaw before it became illegal. She believes it to be a whale tooth or bone carving but even she has never seen anything like it. Any thoughts or ideas?
 
Last edited:
Its My Mother in law lol Thats is a really cool find hope someone will ID it
 
Upvote 0
Didnt they make taboo stuff like that way back when in images of idols
 
Upvote 0
No teeth on this one, just the skull

6477A143-CD89-4F75-8925-B74AF0C64C79.webp
 
Upvote 0
Lehuna, if that is a whale body part, the "artist" made a real mess of it. Thanks for posting. It looks like bone, not tooth.
 
Upvote 0
By gosh... its Gumby's wife.
 
Upvote 0
Oh sheesh... lol... i cannot and should not drink and do solves to what is its.

:/

I better go before i get another thread shut down.

:P

Lehuna... good luck in your quest for knowledge on your piece...
Its funny and neat BUT i do not think it may be a tooth OR bone ... to me from here it appears to be a clay material... but ? ? ?
 
Upvote 0
Sperm Whale and Killer Whale teeth are the most often used.
You will want to make sure you understand the laws, if it is a whale tooth.

whale teeth.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sorry it was supposed whale tooth or bone. We have no idea other than what she told me
 
Upvote 0
The cone shaped cavity seen in the last photo is very similar to sperm whale teeth that I possess.
 
Upvote 0
I see Oprah... er, I mean Orca when I look at it. Possibly both, actually.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom