Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mitchell was a good man and will be sorely miss by family members and friends. God bless.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like basalt with a vein of quarts through it.....stream worn or rounded by use as a mano.

Last edited:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really ? Where do you see that. Looks like just a rock with a white scar on it. If you think it's a gold bar, why don't you walk over there and pick it up ?

it's an artifact, can't touch that

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
beginning to think this site is not what I thought it was about, thought it was about real miners, prospectors and treasure hunters, and people just out looking for stuff... now I'm beginning to think it's just a site for a bunch of old grumpy men with nothing better to do but cut people down and just talk about stories. When I'm in Arizona, I go into the Supers every day, every day I'm in there. I don't post a lot of things because I'm ready to hear some one gripe, complain, and just have one smart a remark. Heck with this place and you.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
beginning to think this site is not what I thought it was about, thought it was about real miners, prospectors and treasure hunters, and people just out looking for stuff... now I'm beginning to think it's just a site for a bunch of old grumpy men with nothing better to do but cut people down and just talk about stories.

one of the members offered to send you a good camera..i would take him up on it if i were you...the main reason you are getting ribbed is because none of us see what you do in your pics.....we aren't really that grumpy...we just don't like idiots calling us names

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
one of the members offered to send you a good camera..i would take him up on it if i were you...the main reason you are getting ribbed is because none of us see what you do in your pics.....we aren't really that grumpy...we just don't like idiots calling us names

fyi, I have parkinsons, so you'd rather say some cruddy remark about my photos, well go out there yourself and look, go look in the palo verde trees and brush, everywhere.
try to hold a camera without shaking a lot, i have a hard enough time trying to set up a tripod or anything, but i will go out an at least hike around and look and try to find what you guys talk about, but you guys would rather talk about it than look

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
fyi, I have parkinsons, so you'd rather say some cruddy remark about my photos, well go out there yourself and look, go look in the palo verde trees and brush, everywhere.
try to hold a camera without shaking a lot, i have a hard enough time trying to set up a tripod or anything, but i will go out an at least hike around and look and try to find what you guys talk about, but you guys would rather talk about it than look

which camera are you using?

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

thanks but I will see about trying to buy a new one someday

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
it's an artifact, can't touch that

Ok, so let me see if I understand this correctly: You've taken a picture of a "gold bar". But .... of course ....... d/t photo/camera issues, no one viewing can discern a gold bar. But rest assured, it's a "gold bar". Right ? And then when asked "why don't you just go over and get it", the answer is : "Cultural heritage laws that forbid you from doing so". Right ?

Am I understanding the ingredients of the story correctly so far ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If I have understood the ingredients of the story correctly so far: Welcome to a growing legion of md'ing forum posters. It works something like this:

a) they've found a fabulous treasure (gold bar, yamashita treasure, or ... whatever).

b) they've even got proof because they followed a cryptogram, solved a puzzle, had their wand point a certain direction, or were sold a map on a street corner.

c) Now it's just a matter of going to get the treasure. But ....... durn it ...... certain hurdles lie in the way. Like:

d) govt. regulations. Eg.: the govt. would want 1/2. Or export issues. Or cultural heritage laws, tax laws, fear of thieves, etc....

e) or the treasure is certain to be 6 meters deep (hence they need heavy equipment to dig). But rest assured: They have it narrowed down to a certain cave or meadow. It not that they haven't already (past tense) "found" it. It's just a matter of retrieving now. But health issues prohibit, etc... Right ?

g) anyone who doubts the ingredients of the story, is simply grumpy old men who sit around and criticize, troll, etc.... Right ?

So too is yours a case of "found" treasure. But sure enough, there's reasons why you can only get a grainy picture. Ok, I'll bite: Why not enter it into the Today's find and get banner ? Silly smaller things like a singular gold coin get "banner". Well ..... how much more so an entire gold bar ? After all, you've "found" it. Right ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions