watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late October I was detecting a 1900’s era park and as I was working my way towards a wooded area, I got a “bouncy” mid 20’s on my Nox 800. After cutting a 7” deep plug, I noticed a rusted nail at the bottom of the hole. My heart immediately began to sink. But then, I saw the partial edge of a coin in the plug that was next to the hole. After breathing a sigh of relief, I wiped off the encrusted dirt which revealed “1933” A Century of Progress / Chicago” and on the back, “Good Luck / Worlds Fair”.

Thanks for looking & happy hunting!

'33-2.jpg

Attachments

• '33-1.jpeg
    '33-1.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 24

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late October I was detecting a 1900’s era park and as I was working my way towards a wooded area, I got a “bouncy” mid 20’s on my Nox 800. After cutting a 7” deep plug, I noticed a rusted nail at the bottom of the hole. My heart immediately began to sink. But then, I saw the partial edge of a coin in the plug that was next to the hole. After breathing a sigh of relief, I wiped off the encrusted dirt which revealed “1933” A Century of Progress / Chicago” and on the back, “Good Luck / Worlds Fair”.

View attachment 1995849
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Congratulations! The token cleaned up very nicely. Thanks for sharing.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Congratulations
Thanks for sharing

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1995849
awesome find

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for your replies.

For those that are curious about the cleaning process, I soaked this piece in apple cider vinegar several times and then brushed it with a small, stiff nylon brush under running water after each vinegar soak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread