What's new

Civil war 3 ringer with Ball puller intact

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at one of my favorite digging spots. I thought it was cool. The worm looks different than any I have ever seen before. I have looked around the internet, but haven't had much luck finding anything about them. It appears to be a small worm tool.

be3f0511.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

How great to retrieve that in one piece.
History frozen in time
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Extraordinary + find and very interesting :icon_scratch: Congrats 8)
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Hey Vol1266x. Is there anyway you could take a picture of page 98 of the book so I can have a picture to put with the ball puller. I would really appreciate it.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Man, that's neater than heck.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

ATC it is neat. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

This is so cool! I found both pieces on my last CW relic hunt but not attached to each other....

Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

zaxfire69 said:
Hey Vol1266x. Is there anyway you could take a picture of page 98 of the book so I can have a picture to put with the ball puller. I would really appreciate it.
Looks like #8 to me David. WTG, Quindy.
 

Attachments

  • David.webp
    David.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,092
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

VOL thank you for posting this picture. Looks like it to me. :headbang:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Thanks KFB. I am real excited to have found this one. Have had a couple of folks tell me it is rare to find both like this.
 
Thanks everyone for all your replies. You guys rock. :headbang:
 
Fascinating it's still lodged. Wonder why? Maybe the poor guy was shot (a dramatic speculation, I know). AWESOME FIND!!! I'm voting banner. :icon_thumright:
 
In the heat of battle, ramrods were known to have been shot before they were removed from the rifle. I initially thought that this was the case with the puller; it appears that the bullet wasn't fired, however. There are no telltale grooves.
 
I think the fellow yanked it out and just threw it on the ground. It looks like the bullet may have some scratches around the skirt. I will take a better picture when I get home tonight.
 
wow that is a neat relic i have never found a pulled bullet like that nice ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 
Isn't it cool relic hound. I have found 3 ringers from this same site with the little hole in the top, but never one with the actual puller still in it. It is on my shelf. I'm keeping this one for sure.
 
That is a great find! I found a 3 ringer and the puller in the same hole but the puller in the minnie is just great!
 
That my friend is the three ringer of the year. :thumbsup: And maybe a few years to come. :wink:

I surf the web looking at doug relics 24/7 and have never seen anything like it. That is one awesome find. I'll agree with IP, that one should bring a pretty hefty price. Three ringers bring a good price as they are, whether pulled or dropped. But one with the puller still attached, OMG. :o

Display it with pride. 8)
 
RPG said:
That my friend is the three ringer of the year. :thumbsup: And maybe a few years to come. :wink:

I surf the web looking at doug relics 24/7 and have never seen anything like it. That is one awesome find. I'll agree with IP, that one should bring a pretty hefty price. Three ringers bring a good price as they are, whether pulled or dropped. But one with the puller still attached, OMG. :o

Display it with pride. 8)

You are Right RPG. I will hang onto this one. It always makes me wonder though.. what a true collector would be willing to pay for this bullet.
 
RPG said:
That my friend is the three ringer of the year. :thumbsup: And maybe a few years to come. :wink:

I surf the web looking at doug relics 24/7 and have never seen anything like it. That is one awesome find. I'll agree with IP, that one should bring a pretty hefty price. Three ringers bring a good price as they are, whether pulled or dropped. But one with the puller still attached, OMG. :o

Display it with pride. 8)


Read again what I said. It wasn't that. :-X
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom