What's new

Civil war 3 ringer with Ball puller intact

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at one of my favorite digging spots. I thought it was cool. The worm looks different than any I have ever seen before. I have looked around the internet, but haven't had much luck finding anything about them. It appears to be a small worm tool.

be3f0511.jpg
 
Upvote 0
zaxfire69 said:
RPG said:
That my friend is the three ringer of the year. :thumbsup: And maybe a few years to come. :wink:

I surf the web looking at doug relics 24/7 and have never seen anything like it. That is one awesome find. I'll agree with IP, that one should bring a pretty hefty price. Three ringers bring a good price as they are, whether pulled or dropped. But one with the puller still attached, OMG. :o

Display it with pride. 8)

You are Right RPG. I will hang onto this one. It always makes me wonder though.. what a true collector would be willing to pay for this bullet.


Probably not near as much as you would think, or hope, because the finder tends to be looking though rose colored glasses and personal connection does not add to the value. Without any historical context it falls into the neat category, and the neat finds definitely don't break any records.

If you want an idea put in on Ebay with a price you would be more than happy to sell it for, and list it with best offer as an option. You don't have to accept any offers, but it will give you an idea of what someone would actually be willing to pay. If there is very little interest it most likely means your starting (buy it now) price was way over the top.

I would never sell that for the little you would get.
 
Great find, a once in a lifetime find for sure. It'll make an awesome display item. :icon_thumright:
One could through life thinking back at all the "I use to have" for the sake of a few spent $$$.
 
Sweet relic! Congrats on the find!
 
I'm not selling. I'll never find another like it. Last time I tried to sell something on eBay they said it wasn't real. So to heck with selling on eBay. If I really wanted to sell my items I would just build another page on my website. For sale section. I collect the stuff I find and display if. If I really want another detector or something down the road I might sell off a few finds. Right now I am happy with the F75. She is treating me nice now.
 
very cool find, its been so darn hot here I haven't been able to get out!
 
zaxfire69 said:
RPG said:
That my friend is the three ringer of the year. :thumbsup: And maybe a few years to come. :wink:

I surf the web looking at doug relics 24/7 and have never seen anything like it. That is one awesome find. I'll agree with IP, that one should bring a pretty hefty price. Three ringers bring a good price as they are, whether pulled or dropped. But one with the puller still attached, OMG. :o

Display it with pride. 8)

You are Right RPG. I will hang onto this one. It always makes me wonder though.. what a true collector would be willing to pay for this bullet.

I've seen a couple over the years and would say between $60-$100 because its such an uncommon find to find them "mated" like that. Very cool find indeed buddy :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
 
Sentinel thanks for the reply. $60-100 for a bullet. Thats a good score in my book. :headbang:
 
zaxfire69 said:
Sentinel thanks for the reply. $60-100 for a bullet. Thats a good score in my book. :headbang:

That's just a guestimation based on others i've seen. I would add that it's priceless though as a piece of very cool American history! :wink:
 
I'm just happy to have found it. I have at least one piece from every big war the U.S. has been in with the exception of the Revolutionary war. I am still looking for one of those sweet Artillery buttons everyone finds. Eagle on top of cannon and cannon balls. Oh I would love one of those. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom