What's new

Civil war 3 ringer with Ball puller intact

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
407
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at one of my favorite digging spots. I thought it was cool. The worm looks different than any I have ever seen before. I have looked around the internet, but haven't had much luck finding anything about them. It appears to be a small worm tool.

be3f0511.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Man that is a really cool find. Don't think I've ever seen that before. I nominated for banner. Congrats.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

That's a first seeing posted for me too. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Very cool find :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

I think this is my most interesting find. It survived this long underground. Very cool.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

That's a neat relic. I have never seen one like it either.
Dman
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Awesome find. look at those relic Congratulations :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Very nice & unusual relic. It resembles a modern day muzzleloader worm in a CW 3 ringer but the proof is that they were found together. WTG & HH.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

I'm looking for a display box as we speak.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

I located the tool in Crouch's relic book on page 98. He calls it a "ball" puller used to scew into bullets to remove them without firing the gun. Obviously, when the black powder got wet the only alternatives were to remove the breech plug or to pull the bullet. I have never recovered a bullet with a tool in it. Excellent recovery. HH.
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Thats pretty high on my kewl beans scale!
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

VOL1266-X said:
I located the tool in Crouch's relic book on page 98. He calls it a "ball" puller used to scew into bullets to remove them without firing the gun. Obviously, when the black powder got wet the only alternatives were to remove the breech plug or to pull the bullet. I have never recovered a bullet with a tool in it. Excellent recovery. HH.

VOL1266X that is some great news. Thank you for letting me know this. I wonder how rare it is to find something like this? I'm looking for a display for it. I ordered 3 clear ring boxes. I think it will fit in there. Thank Ya'll for everything. :hello: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

VOL1266-X said:
I located the tool in Crouch's relic book on page 98. He calls it a "ball" puller used to scew into bullets to remove them without firing the gun. Obviously, when the black powder got wet the only alternatives were to remove the breech plug or to pull the bullet. I have never recovered a bullet with a tool in it. Excellent recovery. HH.

It's identical to the way we still pull our bullets from black powder when we have one that will not go bang. You can still buy pullers like that in brass with the metal cork screw. That is a fantastic find. It probably stripped the threads on the ram rod. Very cool seeing it in a 3 ringer.
Nice !
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

That is one KILLER find! I have dug many, Many bullets that were wormed out with that exact ball puller--but have never dug an example of the puller itself.

First Rate. And well worth its own display case.


:hello2:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Very Cool dig Zax....I've got ton's of 3 ringer's a only a few worm's but none together.Definetly a rare find,most of the time the puller's/worm's are rusted so bad there's no chance of digging them both.Great Save :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

Thanks guys. I can just about bet I won't dig one like this ever again. VOL1266-X thanks for the id on the Ball Puller. It is sitting on the shelf waiting for a display case. :hello2:
 
Re: Worm and 3 ringer.

zaxfire69 said:
Thanks guys. I can just about bet I won't dig one like this ever again. VOL1266-X thanks for the id on the Ball Puller. It is sitting on the shelf waiting for a display case. :hello2:


I'd bet the same, but will also include everyone that replies to this thread. It dollar value was measured purely by how uncommon something is to find you'd have a nice little chunk of change with that one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom