Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is just a legend. He is not real.Dont expect to find anything. :laughing7:
I want to see his 13 or 14 gold coins displayed in a picture he said he's found.....now that's what's legends are made of....

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Straight from the horses mouth.....

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...atement-on-elk-county-pennsylvania-excavation

The FBI was conducting a court-authorized excavation last week at Dents Run, Elk County, Pennsylvania.

Nothing was found, and the excavation ended on Wednesday, March 14.

As this is related to an ongoing investigation, any additional comment would be inappropriate at this time.
Stay tuned for season 2, I heard it's a knights templar....everything leads back to the knights templar.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Folks is that my old grandpappy found, dug it up, the damn yankees fould out bout it and they hung him..Nobody knows for aure.

I mentioned this at the last monthly Yankee meeting and they said it had nothing to do with gold. He was just too damn ugly. ;-)

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ehhh, ahem: 15 :laughing7:
But really....to curb my curiosity....can we see a pic of the 15 coins, (actually 5 would put you in God status) or is this another Legend or Story that never really happened (as you like to explain in great detail)....government took it....little to the left or little to the right....be patient im working on it sorta thing?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
But really....to curb my curiosity....can we see a pic of the 15 coins,...

15_gold_coins_front.jpg

OP
OP
Tedyoh

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy:

I'm impressed - if the $1 love token is the last one, bottom row, what's the denomination on the coin to the left of it?

We have one thing in common, I found a $2.50 gold dollar love token.

:notworthy:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... if the $1 love token is the last one, bottom row, what's the denomination on the coin to the left of it? ....

Those on 2 are both $1 golds. The USA had slight variations of sizes of $1.00 gold, for different years of their production run.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is the FBI out there is it on federal land that you need an ok to dig? So much for finders keepers if they brought in the FBI as I'm sure anything they would find the government is going to keep if it's on federal land. HH
All of us members agree with you. The FBI should be busy arresting Mrs. Clinton. Put her in jail now.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not on Federal Land, and the FBI could not get a permit to dig unless we proved it was Union Gold. If it was any other gold guess who gets it???? The laws in Pa. are not fixed on this kind of find. The FBI brought in their own company from Philadelphia to check out our findings . This was a major company world wide with the best equipment. I just lit the fire , it was the bigger company that did the scan and brought the FBI in .

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesson to be learn: If you locate treasures, do not tell the FBI or you will lose everything.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
This is not on Federal Land, and the FBI could not get a permit to dig unless we proved it was Union Gold. If it was any other gold guess who gets it???? The laws in Pa. are not fixed on this kind of find. The FBI brought in their own company from Philadelphia to check out our findings . This was a major company world wide with the best equipment. I just lit the fire , it was the bigger company that did the scan and brought the FBI in .

You are using terms like "who gets it...." and "....proved it was union gold, and "this kind of find...". All of which is phraseology that seems to indicate something was found.

Yet you have not put out any proof that anything was found. I am skeptical of your terminology, because it appears you tend to use past tense "found", for supposing that you've narrowed this supposed treasure down to a certain meadow. Or certain cave. Or whatever. I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean anything was "found".

We're still waiting. And all we hear is: The sound of crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread