What's new

Coin carrier?

Fruitbat

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I've been wondering what you guys carry your coins back to the bank in. I've been using a tool bag I got from Sears for $5 on sale. But I'm always wondering if there is something better that I haven't thought of.
 
Upvote 0
I have used a hand truck before. Multiple boxes of coin are heavy. :) If I just have loose rolls I use a Klein tool

bag Just like this one- toolbagb.webp I picked it up at a yard sale for 5 bucks.
 
I use the canvas bags that come off of some types of coin machines.

I probably have aroun 10-15 of them. I have one branch that still uses the canvas bags so I turn the bags I get from them back in to them, but I have enough other ones it doesn't matter.

I prefer to use the $1000 quarter, $1000 dimes, or $1000 half dollar bags as they are bigger. I also have one bag that seems to be a $2000 bag as it is about double the size of the others, though that bag is starting to get worn out from use (needs a patch). I "usually" will only cash in as much as I can carry in one trip from the car. This usually amounts to two full bags.

Full bag = {$100 in pennies} or {$200 in nickels and $50 in pennies}

The one big bag I think I have brought in $200 in pennies at one time, but that was getting to be on the heavy side (8 boxes of pennies) :P. So I usually don't fill it that much any more.

Sometimes I will make multiple trips to the car if I am at a location I rarely go to or I have a lot to cash in and I need the cash to get more coins. I think my max total coins was around $500-$600 in pennies. Took at least 3 trips from the car to carry it all in.

Note: I mainly use the self serve coin machines. If I am at a bank where the tellers need to run the coin, I limit my bags to 1-2 boxes each as they get too heavy for the tellers to handle otherwise.
 
I went to Walmart and bought a few yards of a canvas like material. My mom was nice enough to sew them up for me in a few different sizes. They are double stitched and can hold at least 2 boxes of any coin denomination without a problem.
 
One of my banks gave me an old Inter-branch heavy duty bag complete with key for the lock.
 
I have about 6 or 8 heavy canvas bank bags that I was given form the banks. They are pretty tight with them now.
 
I have been using the large Crown Royal bags. They are surprisingly strong, but I usually don't do over $500 in halves at a time. Although I have had nightmares of having a $500 explosion of coins on the bank lobby floor. :o I think I might start using something you guys have suggested.

Hoose
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom