What's new

Cold Gold at the beach today....14K

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:,

Snow in the forecast for tomorrow so I thought I'd give it another round today at one of my favorite beaches.

Temp hovering around 35* ....pleasant and sunny out there with a bit of wind.

Found the small 14 K signet ring in the first hour of the 2 hr. hunt; about 5 " deep.

I think it is an older ring...small images of flowers on either side show wear.

This was followed by just a few clads and lots of aluminum.

Here's a couple of pics.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2096.webp
    DSCF2096.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF2100.webp
    DSCF2100.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF2109.webp
    DSCF2109.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCF2114.webp
    DSCF2114.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
You wear a wet suit? I know you mention 5" of water. Great finds!


No, I stay on land except for troughs ; I meant that I dug 5" into the wet sand to recover the ring.

Lorraine
 
Lorraine, I have never heard that one before... but I must add to it just a little and say that Philip Morris, Pall Mall, and Kent picked up Virginia Slim on their way....LOLOL

Leighton, did she live in Salem, Ma. or in Newport, RI? :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
The Marlboro Man would have gone along, but he died! I am still laughing, you guys are funny. Nice ring, gold is such a neat find. You are a brave young lady to brave that weather. Are you married? :)
HH
 
yippee_yellow_smiley_glitter_text.gif WTG = ON THE OLD GOLD
 
Whydah, you might say I made a Lucky Strike when I found that Old Gold in the Kool weather today.:hello2:

Remember this one?: One fine Holiday Philip Morris, Pall Mall, and Kent( who lived in Marlboro, Ma) boarded a Camel to take a trip to Parliment. On their way they found some Old Gold...now wasn't that a Lucky Strike! :laughing7:

OKL3CARYTCZ7CAVVBXYPCAFUSJR7CA2Y7562CATW7YBMCAG0DJATCAGN8GR5CAPPWXGTCAN00PGJCAOT0WXLCAQT8T3TC...webp
 
brrrrrrrrrrr, I'm shivering just thinking about that ice - but for a sweet old 14k like that - I'd be there with you - might have to leave my boardshorts at home though!
 
hey.GIF
Lorrain you are the best pirate
Ninja_vs_Pirate_by_CookiemagiK.gif
first.gif
 
The Marlboro Man would have gone along, but he died! I am still laughing, you guys are funny. Nice ring, gold is such a neat find. You are a brave young lady to brave that weather. Are you married? :)
HH

:laughing7: Here's a Valentine cake that I made for my Sweetheart


hanak's cake.webp
 
Lorraine, at 35 degrees you are a true MD diehard, and your persistence paid off well.... nice hit on the gold :sunny:
 
WTG Lorraine. You're silver streak ends, and you replace it with gold.
 
Hey with that storm heading your way you better add a layer or three if you are heading to the beach during and after the storm!!!! Give us a forecast on your expected recoveries on the beach :3barsgold:!!!
 
Hey with that storm heading your way you better add a layer or three if you are heading to the beach during and after the storm!!!! Give us a forecast on your expected recoveries on the beach :3barsgold:!!!

Oh, I'm definitely ready ,kc10bull:thumbsup:

Count those layers:hello2:
(Yup, that's Hank's jacket that I purloined for the winter hunts) :laughing7:


Expected recoveries on the beach: pull tabs, pop tops, canslaw, and even though lately pickens have been slim up here, maybe I'll get lucky and dig some cold gold with "ice" :cat:


HH

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2031.webp
    DSCF2031.webp
    72 KB · Views: 152
Oh boy did you have me going with your title, gold coin....I really thought ya found one but the gold ring is a sweet find too..congrats to ya..
 
Looks like an oldie...congrats.
 
Pay Dirt!! Very nice, looks old. Congratulations on your find.
 
nice gold signet ring
 
WTG Lorraine Congratulations :headbang:
 
great find Lorraine, HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom