What's new

Collective Silver Totals for 2010:

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I figured I'd start a list up for the new year since it looks like LJ is busy for a while. Post your monthly totals here if you like. Maybe I'll crank out a total next year at this time.

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
May totals:
rosies- 14
40%- 10
90%- 2- 64, and a 45 walker.
The walker was actually in a bag of coins a friend gave me that he had found, with a bunch of foreign stuff, and a buff nickle.
Not a great month, better than my last though. I only spent about 15 dollars in gas for roll hunting this month. I think I did ok.
I also got 2- 82 no fg's, a 1964 british carribean eastern territories dime, a medio Balboa, and a ten cent balboa.
 
lee7462 said:
May totals:

152 40%
12 90%

Pretty good considering I started on the 20th!
Your new so won't chew ya out- and your not alone, even the veterans fail to list details like how many Boxes and type of too; most of us thrive on the vicarious nature of this hobby so the more ya tell us the happier we is :icon_sunny: .
 
May 2010 Silver totals

10 - War Nickels
5 - Mercury Dimes
24 - Silver Roosevelt Dimes
1 - 80% Canadian Silver Dime
-------------------------------------------------
40 - Total Silver Coins
 
June 2010 Totals - CRH
0 - War Nickels
0 - Mercury Dimes
0 - Rosies
0 - Kennedys (40%)
0 - Kennedys (90%)
0 - Bens (90%)
0 - Wheats
0 - Indians

June 2010 - Mint Set Hunting (Guaranteed to find silver) :tongue3:
I got a bunch of Mint Sets (61 - 69) for a song and a dance.
36 - Franklins (90%) 1961 - 1963
36 - Kennedys (90%) 1964
72 - Quarters (90%) 1961 - 1964
72 - Dimes (90%) 1961-1964
130 - Kennedys (40%) 1968 and 1969

I paid almost 10 dollars under spot for the 90% collection and $1.00 for each mint set except for the 40 I bought @ 4.25 a piece for the 40%.

I have a bunch more 63 & 64 sets coming this week.... :hello2:

Hope July gets better.... :thumbsup:
 
June totals----slowest month in 2 years of hunting.

walkers---------9
bens------------9
1964-----------13
40%-----------99
silver jefferson nickels----3
 
silvercop said:
June totals----slowest month in 2 years of hunting.

walkers---------9
bens------------9
1964-----------13
40%-----------99
silver jefferson nickels----3

Very slow for us too, our June totals we have found: (oh and 137 were from cold calls on Banks too, the big one was 128 of total @ a B of A)

292 %40's
19 1964's
4 Bens
1 Walker


We only did 36 Boxes in June down from 59 in May
 
June 2010 Totals

1x Silver War Nickel
4x Mercury Dimes
22x Roosevelt Dimes
13x WLH
27x Franklins
52x 1964 Kennedys
275x 40% Kennedys
 
June Totals:

90% Halves: 21 (3 Bens, 2 Walkers, 16 Kens)
40% Halves: 39

Searched 26 boxes.

One short road trip and some pretty poor boxes. Low totals to say the least! Oh well - Maybe July will be a little better. Still got three rolls of silver to add to the stack.

HH

Maine_Jim
 
June totals:
Dimes-
12 rosies (including a 49s, best find of the month)
Canadian silver dimes 2

Halves-
Franklins 1
64 kens 1
40% 18

34 total silver coins for the month, not bad for me. Got bunch of good foreign stuff too!
 
Half year stats:

Searched: Too much to count...

Wheats: 232
Buffalo: 6
Wars: 24
Rosie: 12
WLH: 11
Bens: 21
90%'s: 91
40%'s: 488
 
july totals

40%-----------169
90% kennedy--96
bens------------23
walkers---------10
barber-----------1
rossies-----------5

better than june was
 
Our July totals: (42 Boxes) * by far most finds came from 2 Boxes of 12 on July 5th

211 %40's
25 %90's
24 Bens
2 Walkers

Forgot did some (127) rolls of Dimes got 3 Rosies too. ;D
 
Best month so far. Teller didnt order my last bag of the month yesterday. One bag was a dump bag from a local bank.

3 bags (3k ) of halves searched....

220 - 40's
15 - 90's Kens
4 - Bens
1 - Walker
1 - Commerative Stone Mountain

I wish for many more like this.
 
July 2010 Totals

4x Mercury Dimes
25x Roosevelt Dimes
1x 80% Canadian Dime
1x 80% Canadian Quarter
7x Walking Liberty Halves
15x Franklin Halves
21x 1964 Kennedy Halves
104x 40% Kennedy Halves
 
July Totals:

90% Halves: 18 (2 Bens, 2 Walkers, 14 Kens)
40% Halves: 71
Canadian : 1 (1967 silver half)

Searched 22 boxes.

Interesting finds included two 1992 Columbus commemoratives (D&S) a 1961 proof half in nice shape and a 1902-o dollar at a yard sale for $10. Still getting many skunk boxes with about half the silver found scrounging around town from tellers trays. Wish I had time for more searching but this dang job keeps getting in the way...

HH

Maine_Jim
 
july totals:

Dimes- 4 rosies

halves-
40% -45
90% -4
walkers- 1
74DD -1, and a few proofs. Most of the proofs were a bit impaired, but one is flawless.

This was one of my best months this year, I know a lot of you guys find a lot more, but I'm happy with it. A total of 54 silver coins for the month
 
June 2010 Silver totals

11 - War Nickels
2 - Mercury Dimes
22 - Silver Roosevelt Dimes
2 - 80% Canadian Silver Dime
-------------------------------------------------
37 - Total Silver Coins

And yes, I am 1 month behind... Haven't started my July nickels yet though I know the other silver totals.
 
august totals
very meager finds for august. i was out of the hunt for 2 weeks of the month due to having surgery but i did hunt aggressively the other 2 weeks. very little silver. slowest month in the 2 years i have been posting here.

40%------------13
kennedy 90%---6
silver rossies----2

no bens or walkers this month
 
90% - 10 (all Kennedy)
40% - 105
Dimes - 1 Roosevelt
Dollars - 6 (4 Peace and 2 Morgan)

Nice to find the old dollars this month. Other finds included a 1986-s Statue of Liberty and a 1970 Bahama half. Searched 13 boxes and had a few road trips.

HH

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom