What's new

Combo fishing/detecting trip.

lookindown

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
7,110
Reaction score
4,937
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the beach with my wife and brother in laws family for a little fishing and detecting. Started off fishing and got a nice mess of fat mangrove snappers and it was time to hit the water. Put in four hours and I got a ring that I was glad had been in the water long enough to look bad. Its a quality made JUNKER and if it had come out in new condition I would have been fooled...I don't like getting fooled. Everyone had a great time. Im going to have to do more combo fishing/detecting trips. Good luck to everyone.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0478.webp
    IMG_0478.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0479.webp
    IMG_0479.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0480.webp
    IMG_0480.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0481.webp
    IMG_0481.webp
    14.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0482.webp
    IMG_0482.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_0113.webp
    100_0113.webp
    608.8 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
Blackened snapper and twice baked taters are my favorites! What time's it going to be ready? I'll bring the cerveza! Nice junker anyway. It beats the heck out of junk clad and pulltabs!
 
Blackened snapper and twice baked taters are my favorites! What time's it going to be ready? I'll bring the cerveza! Nice junker anyway. It beats the heck out of junk clad and pulltabs!
Be here at 8pm...going to have them fried with tater salad, baked beans and cole slaw...Ive got some lime Miller in the fridge. :thumbsup:
 
Be here at 8pm...going to have them fried with tater salad, baked beans and cole slaw...Ive got some lime Miller in the fridge. :thumbsup:
Sounds good,Family time,,Priceless,HH:thumbsup:
 
Been thinking about heading to the beach early myself for a few hours of fishing....been seeing a lot of activity swooping through the schools of baitfish. Sounds like you had a fun day at the beach. :thumbsup:
 
Boy that ring would get anybody's heart pumping if it wasn't for the discoloration. You going to bother cleaning it up?
 
Looks like you had a great day!

Love fried mangrove snapper and that ring would have got my heart racing too. Do you think it was silver on bronze maybe?
 
Sounds like you had a great day. That ring is a well made thing.:thumbsup:
 
We are still waiting on mullet run. Lets go you mullets I miss you.
 
Me loves smoked mullet! My Cajun in laws call em trash fish!
 
We are still waiting on mullet run. Lets go you mullets I miss you.
On the West coast the greenbacks/whitebait have been thick all Summer...the mangrove snapper and the Spanish macks have been feasting and they are fat.
 
Me loves smoked mullet! My Cajun in laws call em trash fish!
I just love myself a mullet too...the big ones smoked and the little silver mullet filleted and fried fresh...ummmmm.
 
As an old hippy, I thought this thread was about a hair style
 
As an old hippy, I thought this thread was about a hair style
I had a killer mullet back in the day...Ive got the pics to prove it, my wife wont let me burn them, Ive tried. :laughing7: :headbang: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom