What's new

conch shell celt/adze insitu.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one is allowed to pick these things up along the waterways here.. So I suppose a photo before it's completely destroyed is better than nothing... Barely.


ForumRunner_20140207_104109.webp



ForumRunner_20140207_104125.webp
 
Upvote 0
Cool thanks for the look before it breaks apart
 
Seems anyone in good conscience should
 
Would be hard for me too- My luck it would be a sting operation like they do with the fake deer. Put it out at the back of a field and wait for someone to take a shot at it then the calvary comes swopping in.
 
I would pick them up as well nice finds gator !!!!!
 
What did it look like when you got it home? :laughing7: I would have been a shell collecting Yankee that day who did not know any better.
 
Sometimes rules and laws are not fair are they? They wish a surface find to be destroyed or lost forever. Man have we let them mess up our country. Nice Kodak moment on that celt.
 
Thanks guys..
I usually don't take many photos while out and about.
 
It's hard to dig the phone or camera out at a moment like that haha
 
I had to set the metal detector down too.. haha
 
Glad you found it boss good deal ;)
 
Its a shame you cant pick them up anymore. The waves will crash on it and break it. But I understand thats the law and its a shame. At least you were kind enough to share a photo of it with us.
 
I think you get a fine for looking at them (if you know what they are.) That said, I'm pretty sure you can use them to hammer in a beach umbrella with no issue.
 
Oh yeah.. That's fine. :-)
 
....for real? Why in the world not?? Guess I've been living under a rock, in the least populated part of the US & haven't heard about that....hey...that's right, I do...lol
 
Its a long story but its a good example of over compensation.
If the law were a vehicle on a highway it would have gone out of control and flipped over
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom