What's new

could only find half of it..but what is it?

Wayupnorth66

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2008
Messages
280
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Searching my yard ....i found this today. i looked and looked for the other half...but no dice. anybody recognize this half?
 

Attachments

  • detector finds 005.webp
    detector finds 005.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 546
  • detector finds 006.webp
    detector finds 006.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 536
Hello Wayupnorth66. SkyPilot here.
Does the star in the top pic seem to have any letters between the points?
Looks like either an Eastern Star matron's pin, or some type of Star of David device, but :dontknow:
Regards, SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
It looks to be some type of old coin; maybe Persia Star of David. :dontknow: What is it made out of, and can you clean it a little more to see perhaps some letters? Unusual find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
The back of it reminds me of this thing I found - I don't know what it is though:

149s2mr.jpg


But it is blank on the other side.
 
Upvote 0
An old Love token?
Good find, could keep you wondering for years :D
HH
 
Upvote 0
AKiwi said:
An old Love token?
Good find, could keep you wondering for years :D
HH

Mmm, I didn't realize WayUpNorth's item was beveled until Bramble posted hers. After seeing that, I think both of them could be 'weights' for scales, etc.

Bramble, what is the figure or letters in the center of yours?

Breezie
 

Attachments

  • AncientWeights.webp
    AncientWeights.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0
Hi Breezie ;D - I don't see any markings on mine. I'm looking at it in person - are you seeing images in the pic I posted?
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
Hi Breezie ;D - I don't see any markings on mine. I'm looking at it in person - are you seeing images in the pic I posted?

It looked like some type of figures in the center, but it might just be rust patterns. Is the hole round or square?

Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Bramble.webp
    Bramble.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
Curtain, sash, or dress weight.
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Is the hole round or square?

Breezie

Looks sort of square - here is the view from the other side-

2d8i2cz.jpg


I probably shouldn't take over this thread with my unknown :laughing7: I thinking now the two objects are likely for different purposes.
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
It looks to be some type of old coin; maybe Persia Star of David. :dontknow: What is it made out of, and can you clean it a little more to see perhaps some letters? Unusual find, Breezie


Breezie.........it appears to be brass ..cleaned it up...but cant find any other markings
 

Attachments

  • detector finds 007.webp
    detector finds 007.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 356
  • detector finds 016.webp
    detector finds 016.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
I might add...I dont think the center was a compleate hole through the (whatever) it is. I think i was just an indentation
 
Upvote 0
Could it be broken from a large rivet? :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • rivets.webp
    rivets.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 323
  • rivets.webp
    rivets.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
good guess...but the bevel is on the bottom side...which doesnt seem right to me...but still...your guess is a very good poss. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
How does it weigh? I'm still thinking it's a balancing weight. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Could it be broken from a large rivet? :dontknow:

DING! Winner. :notworthy: Definitely torn off of the end of a rod like a rivet. Fancy stamp on head also looks like a rivet.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom