What's new

Crazy spearpoint

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in my usual creek. Does anyone know what type or time period this is? WP_20140713_001.webpWP_20140713_002.webpWP_20140713_003.webpWP_20140713_004.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like an adena Robbins and it sure is a pretty color ;)
 
Sorry but I just see an odd shaped rock. Not an artifact.
 
Just a very fortunately shaped rock.
No flaking.. Wrong material.
Good imposter though.
 
What's chances it's unfinished and what would u say material is quartz ? Gator
 
It's a very large grained quartz that would break apart if you tried to knap it.
 
Darn buzz kill...

Bud
 
I know man I hate being that guy
 
Ok just curious I know very little about quartz thanks boss
 
I have to agree with mcb66 and Gator. It looks like an oddly shaped rock to me and not an actual Point.
 
I can see from the right angle why it would catch your eye!
 
Here's an unfinished adena Robbins ft Payne this was why I asked if it could of been started and then they gave up but I can't tell u much about quartz ;)
 

Attachments

  • image-3845337884.webp
    image-3845337884.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image-696133126.webp
    image-696133126.webp
    93.2 KB · Views: 82
Here's an unfinished adena Robbins ft Payne this was why I asked if it could of been started and then they gave up but I can't tell u much about quartz ;)

If it was quartzite it would look much like that. I have a feeling that this thing I found might be some sort of tool but I'm not good on stone things.
 
Apparently neither am I haha it's a cool stone piece either way ;)
 
Do I see 4 gold colored flecks in the 3rd photo?

I don't know if it's gold or mica. There are both in the creek. This area was known for placer gold. There's not much mica but sometimes I think it's gold and it's mica. I'll take it to one of my friends at work, he pans and will know.
 
I hate those in the creek. I find allot of them makes your heart skip a beat. I found one today I picked it up and said "Dangit"
 
It sure "looks" like one Peaches, no matter if it is or not...pretty stone and I'd keep it. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom