I have total respect for a post like this, thank you for your comment.
Hey, when I'm wrong I'm wrong, I usually have no problem admitting it.
I have no right to judge something I haven't seen/read myself. I was going 2nd hand off other opinions and thats not how I roll, so I'm glad you caught that.
People can get caught up during fast moving "debates" and say things they normally would not say.
From what I can gather, or guess, about that one chopped up thread is people were getting on him about returning a class ring.
If I am in error please forgive me but no matter what caused this it is the same.
[snipped to condense space]
Deleting posts and getting upset about this issue and how a few people react is useless...it has happened in the past, it still does happen and will always happen as long as these forums are around.
As you can see this type of hissy fit can also have other repercussions.
Best just to think what you want to think, act mature and have a thick hide as a barrier against those that don't agree.
Well written.
I did see that thread and commented in it I think, I could not see where there was a problem ,,, But what may irk and even infuriate me might bounce right off you and vice versa, so whos to say ? As you say, whatever it was that set him off could of and would have happened on any forum, I don't think there is particularly a group of insidious, bullying people here compared to other forums - Though being more populated than most other similar forums may intensify the reactions and comments to a degree.
Class rings can be a can of worms ,, I haven't found many, the 3 I found I tried 2 returns with 1 success and never posted about any of them for no particular reason. Sometimes I find a junk ring and find that post worthy, other times I'll find gold and never get around to posting it, probably more a matter of my work/family schedule at that particular time. But yeah that can be a hot button issue. I saw and took part in a major flame war that broke out over a guy detecting an old cemetery.
You would think condemnation of that would be near universal but it wasn't and people were going at each other left and right. Sneaking around off limit places/climbing fences ect can also be pretty contentious, anyone who starts or takes part in a thread like that, regardless of forums, should be prepared to take some heat.
A time limit on editing of posts has been added to forum.
January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
Good news, does come with its own set of headaches but by far, better than the unlimited option.
People need to realize that, barring exceptional circumstances, what is said can be clarified or expanded on, but not unsaid.