What's new

Die crack?

kawika18

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
70
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2056305View attachment 2056305
Tell me what you think. At first I thought it was just some scratches but after looking more closely it looks like a die crack. The strangest looking one I’ve ever seen. It also runs along the columns on the right side.
 

Attachments

  • 619EB47D-BB20-4186-8C13-24D5026CF4A3.webp
    619EB47D-BB20-4186-8C13-24D5026CF4A3.webp
    454 KB · Views: 108
  • FBEA586C-1C59-45F8-B381-2390AA168131.webp
    FBEA586C-1C59-45F8-B381-2390AA168131.webp
    539.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does look like other die crack examples. What year is it?
 
It does look like other die crack examples. What year is it?
Looks interesting, ... almost a 90° angle, could possibly be a foreign material that fell into the die. Regardless, ... should have been 'culled-out' by the inspectors
 
I know this is old, but that's definitely scratched. See how it goes through the top of the letters? Dead giveaway.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom