What's new

Different creek cool stuff

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2013
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
3,005
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Son took me to a different creek for my birthday and it looks promising. After finding all these in a sandbar and then the thickest pot shard I've found yet I just knew a point would show up but didn't have enough time to look as well as I would like...maybe tomorrow. Does anyone know what type of stone this stuff is? They look like flakes to me but I'm not good with identifying that type of stuff unless it's blatantly in my face.

100_7847.webp WP_20140711_005.webp WP_20140711_006.webp
 
Upvote 0
That new creek is going to be good finding that pottery. The cherts look to have a lot of cool quality and designs. I bet you find a real nice flint piece out of there. With pottery around they had time to make some good stuff. Look forward to seeing what else you may find.
Good luck!
 
Awesome peaches glad your in a great spot hope you find a killer ;)))
 
Wishing you lots of Luck in your new spot! :icon_thumleft:
 
I believe they mixed gravel with clay. Maybe it made it stronger? I believe they crushed up old pot and mixed them in to. I'm referring to Petun , so i'm not sure what was in your area but may have been made similarly.

Should be some settlement along the river.

Thanks for sharing
 
You should do good there.
 
Last edited:
happy birthday, cool son!! those flakes look promising, I wondered about crushed up old pots as grog also.
 
Looks like some colorful rocks. I see some brown ones with black swirls in them. That is what the flint looks like in Alabama and they did make points and tools out of it if the cobbles were big enough. I bet you find a real good looking point out there.
 
Nice finds Peaches....hope you had a "Happy Birthday".:occasion18:.....& it looks like you did....what a super son you have! Can't wait to see what else you find there. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom