DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust is a precious commodity - seldom found! For myself, I have been extremely lucky in that aspect - not because I am clever picking partners, it just happened over time somehow.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I certainly don’t want to speak unkindly of the dead. I never met NP and for all I know, he was a great guy. However, based solely on his TNet posts on the VP threads and also on the LDM threads, I wouldn’t put any faith in anything he claimed. I suspect that there was never a buried box where you were looking. It’s my opinion that NP was, like many of us, gullible, and passed along faulty information gathered from who knows where. A review of some of his past claims may bring you to the same conclusion.

I would be very suspicious of your partner’s story. None of it makes sense. You likely haven’t lost anything in your absence except a seemingly very flaky partner. Rest easy and move on - you’re probably better off.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly don’t want to speak unkindly of the dead. I never met NP and for all I know, he was a great guy. However, based solely on his TNet posts on the VP threads and also on the LDM threads, I wouldn’t put any faith in anything he claimed. I suspect that there was never a buried box where you were looking. It’s my opinion that NP was, like many of us, gullible, and passed along faulty information gathered from who knows where. A review of some of his past claims may bring you to the same conclusion.

I would be very suspicious of your partner’s story. None of it makes sense. You likely haven’t lost anything in your absence except a seemingly very flaky partner. Rest easy and move on - you’re probably better off.

Steve

From what i remember , NP was fault only in the picture of the mission which he stated it's ruins are close to Burns ranch at the south end of Superstitions Mt.. But also then , the matter was not how the mission looked like , but if there ever existed one . Some people lost the esence of the story because were " hungry " to prove somebody wrong . Also that event , is not a motive to take all the other things NP wrote with a grain of salt .
All of us , along our treasure hunting " career " , have heard a lot of stories , some common and some " tall " . There don't exist any formula to distinguish the real tales from the " tall " , but the only way to the truth is the " boots on the ground ".
Can you prove , except the mission pic , how what another stories wrote NP were tall tales ?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve

From what i remember , NP was fault only in the picture of the mission which he stated it's ruins are close to Burns ranch at the south end of Superstitions Mt.. But also then , the matter was not how the mission looked like , but if there ever existed one . Some people lost the esence of the story because were " hungry " to prove somebody wrong . Also that event , is not a motive to take all the other things NP wrote with a grain of salt .
All of us , along our treasure hunting " career " , have heard a lot of stories , some common and some " tall " . There don't exist any formula to distinguish the real tales from the " tall " , but the only way to the truth is the " boots on the ground ".
Can you prove , except the mission pic , how what another stories wrote NP were tall tales ?

Now Marius, you know what the Greek Skeptics claimed - nothing is provable and for peace of mind we shouldn’t try too hard to prove anything. Especially treasure tales.

Yes, that mission claim certainly come to mind. Also, there were claims placing the LDM in CA which NP refused to support when challenged, as I recall. He also made a wild allegation some years ago regarding some sort of conspiracy in AZ (for which I’ve forgotten the specifics), but when I asked for an explanation and more details, I was ignored. That’s all well and good - I don’t care one way or another about any of it - but it shows a pattern and affects one’s general credibility, IMO. This stuff is in the old posts if you care to wade through them.

Re the Caballos - again, a questionable map, a few photos and no more information or explanations. As I said, NP might have been a great guy to chat with, but I wouldn’t personally invest a lot of effort in what he’s said in public.

Most treasure stories are tall tales. People who have, or think they have, true information about hidden treasure will never reveal it. That’s simple human nature. Anyone who invests serious “boots on the ground” time based on tall tales is either fooling himself or doesn’t care if his information is useful. No problem if all you’re looking for is an adventure.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gentlemen, say what you wish, and it'll fit us, but I defy ayone to prove anything incorrect about his "lil map", it is correct with data that he couldn't possibly know at that time, I do, and would like to thank him through his widow.

Last edited:

captnron

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WR,
go to the site and see if there is a hole dug, that will give you a better idea. Not sure what kind of wooden box would still be in good shape after being buried for all those years. Seems like it would be rotted. But im new to all this.

wildpig

Jul 25, 2015
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am planning a trip to the Caballos in September. Do you have any maps for that area, or suggestions on where to look for nuggets or artifacts?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gentlemen, say what you wish, and it'll fit us, but I defy ayone to prove anything incorrect about his "lil map", it is correct with data that he couldn't possibly know at that time, I do, and would like to thank him through his widow.

The thing is, the burden of proof is not on US, it was on NP. We didn't present that map as evidence of anything, he did. When person makes a claim the burden of proof is on them alone, not on people they are trying to convince. Its a very interesting map, but nothing so far has come to light to substantiate it.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi uncle, the map speaks for itself. The map contains details that only I was privy to at the time, regardless who, or where it was presented it was consisted of facts, facts that were unknown to the general public. as ffar as I know, were only known to me

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi uncle, the map speaks for itself. The map contains details that only I was privy to at the time, regardless who, or where it was presented it was consisted of facts, facts that were unknown to the general public. as ffar as I know, were only known to me

Reminder...........
The "map" was first posted by the OP....Not Peralta.....in post # 20 of this thread.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/v...c-noss-victorio-peak-caballo-mountains-2.html
Your posts which immediately follow # 20, tell a different story IMO.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless, it is as accurate a map as they nade in 1600 a- 1800's and is accurate It put the various mines in the proper Sequence and put the route using the Rio Norte as a system of moving materiel to Rome. I cannot answer as to posts made prior to my entrance, but if I rembeer correctly, he mentioned that it came from doc Noss's papers which were removed from the poush found with the dead Priestl's elather pouch.'

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More likely Noss made it himself, or copied it from one made by another treasure hunter who believed Spanish treasure and lost mines from popular literature could be found in all of those places.
That they were all connected in some way.
Given NP's attempted deception re: the photo that he tried to pass off as "proof" of a Jesuit Mission near the Burns Ranch, he might have even made the map himself.
Although I have a bit of interest in the map, due to it's Aztec symbology, I don't consider it as good evidence for the existence and location of anything real.
Anything more is grasping at straws IMO.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some hiker, who ever made it, put the Tayopa Mines in prospective and was the first one to draw the camino to the Caballo mt correctly, . The 1800's reference is when New Mexico was a civi lwar prize and probably That which Jesuits gave up on recovering anything. for a great while I have a copy of the document referred at Aztec object is a Bishops sta,s, I post on the Atlantis thread als.ff.

Last edited:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some time back someone posted 5 pages of hand drawn maps by Doc.
Each map was drawn by Doc and the poster said they led to personal accumulation spots of Docs.
1 page was a listing of marks carved into the door frame of the Rock house and it said it was found behind door frame 5/15/93.

Can anyone tell me who posted these?
I have solved one of them completely and would like to advise.
The one I solved does not lead to any treasure because it is completely inside the missle range boundaries.

However, it does prove to me that these "maps" are real in that every single location on the one I solved was very accurate.
Someone with knowledge spent time putting this map together and was careful in every detail.
So its encouraging to try and resolve one of the others that does show treasure locations knowing that they are not complete nonsense. Or at least the one I solved was not.

For some reason I did not note who the maps came from like i normally do.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some time back someone posted 5 pages of hand drawn maps by Doc.
Each map was drawn by Doc and the poster said they led to personal accumulation spots of Docs.
1 page was a listing of marks carved into the door frame of the Rock house and it said it was found behind door frame 5/15/93.

Can anyone tell me who posted these?
I have solved one of them completely and would like to advise.
The one I solved does not lead to any treasure because it is completely inside the missle range boundaries.

However, it does prove to me that these "maps" are real in that every single location on the one I solved was very accurate.
Someone with knowledge spent time putting this map together and was careful in every detail.
So its encouraging to try and resolve one of the others that does show treasure locations knowing that they are not complete nonsense. Or at least the one I solved was not.

For some reason I did not note who the maps came from like i normally do.

Are you referring to the post #72 from this thread ?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/v...c-noss-victorio-peak-caballo-mountains-5.html

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
here is a pic of mystery map #1 and its cover sheet

mystery map 032.jpg

mystery map 033.jpg

Bobkelly

Greenie
Sep 28, 2015
Rathdrum Idaho
Detector(s) used
SSP-2100 Pulse Induction Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kneeling Priest rock formation, on Jerry' Cheetum's claims. Not sure how to spell his last name

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kneeling Priest rock formation, on Jerry' Cheetum's claims. Not sure how to spell his last name

I think its Cheatham

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions