What's new

Does the IRS monitor this forum?

Is the IRS watching?

  • Yes.

    Votes: 21 37.5%
  • No.

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Yes, I got a call after posting a big find.

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • No, you can take off your tinfoil hat.

    Votes: 25 44.6%

  • Total voters
    56
Pat-Cat "And, I SWEAR, each one of them lobsters were/are legal! Especially after I stomp on them!" Damn lady... Glad I'm not a small lobster and your hungry!!!!
Old fishing joke LT. Catch an undersize fish, stomp on him, to spread him out some, make him be legal length. LOL.
Naw, you'd be safe. we got enough sammichs and fruit on the boat when lobstering.
You'd be in trouble ifn yous was a scallop though. Every hunter got a cooker on the back of the boat. :laughing7:
 
Dont say or think that Msbeep,thats on par with with the people who say they have nothing to hide so they dont care if theyre spied on.Those people dont realize that its not up to them whether they have anything to hide or not.

I don't like being spied on, it not right, I haven't committed a crime. I just mean my radar is pretty much up and on, I am aware.

We have been audited 4 times over 20 years. An IRS agent once told me they watch for mistakes or inconsistencies in $50 increments.

One of the times I'm sure the audit was from an unhappy "customer", because when I called in to see what the hold up was they had copies of my life in paper form, they told me agent so & so is in charge of it, so I called agent so & so and left a message asking if a certain person works for the IRS in any capacity because he had threatened us, in four days our refund arrived. Can't prove it but the timing speaks volumes!

The last time we were audited I had to send in copies of our driver's licenses and birth certificates, still scratching my head over that one, unless the illegals had been using our SS #'s.

As with anything all it takes is one rotten apple to cause a whole lot of trouble.
 
Well, where would you say the line is when as I asked above (#52)? And I don't mean an expensive relic or coin. How big of a $20 gold coin cache would one have to find and post here to catch the attention of IRS or Govt.? I believe you'd have to be an idiot to post a video, pic or story about such a find. Probably why you don't see them or you read about the Govt. wanting a piece AFTER they announce to the world such a happening.

Pat-Cat "And, I SWEAR, each one of them lobsters were/are legal! Especially after I stomp on them!" Damn lady... Glad I'm not a small lobster and your hungry!!!!

Not sure myself. Government and some folks that work for them can't discern taking a human approach to folks rather than going by the letter of the law. I am one however that likes to deal with folks and try to put myself in their place and then decide and take into account the law.

So to be safe if I were you....................keep it quiet no matter how bad you want to show that find off!!!!

In my line of work there is a saying, "The best kept secret is between two people only and only when one of the two is dead!"

There is truth in that!:laughing7:

That said.............I have yet to find a single penny!!!!! I wish I could find some of what all you folks find!
 
as I often say ... most of the time the GOVT ONLY KNOWS WHAT YOUR BIG MOUTH TELLS EM -- so shut the hell up --you got the "right" to remain silent for a reason --use it.
 
old thread but If they do Follow us, I'm sure they realize by now,
If we itemize our Expenditures vs Take in, we are all either due a Big tax break,
or this is just a hobby :laughing7:
 
Not sure myself. Government and some folks that work for them can't discern taking a human approach to folks rather than going by the letter of the law. I am one however that likes to deal with folks and try to put myself in their place and then decide and take into account the law.

So to be safe if I were you....................keep it quiet no matter how bad you want to show that find off!!!![/B]
In my line of work there is a saying, "The best kept secret is between two people only and only when one of the two is dead!"

There is truth in that!:laughing7:

That said.............I have yet to find a single penny!!!!! I wish I could find some of what all you folks find!


If that ever happens I'll be sure to do just that... I wouldn't even tell the wife, kids or my best friends. Hopefully I'll have this problem someday as all of us wish. Using common sense these days is a rarity.
 
To quote the great Sgt Schultz...

" I see nothinggg, I know nothinggg"
 
No. We are not watching or monitoring anything on this site. Well, with the exception of Red, we do watch him. :laughing7:
 
schultz was good
 
No. We are not watching or monitoring anything on this site. Well, with the exception of Red, we do watch him. :laughing7:

RJ is our canary
 
No. We are not watching or monitoring anything on this site. Well, with the exception of Red, we do watch him

Good luck,youre in for a hell of a boring time:laughing9:
 
Read the thread again,youre the only one to imply it.:laughing7:

Read what I wrote again. I don't recall citing this thread specifically. :laughing7:

Do you have any comments for the salient points that I've made here, or elsewhere?
 
Read what I wrote again. I don't recall citing this thread specifically.

No need,youre in this thread,you failed to specify any other thread,so the logical conclusion would be that youre talking about this thread.

Do you have any comments for the salient points that I've made here, or elsewhere?

Besides you being wrong in a few,that point just about covers it.
 
Old fishing joke LT. Catch an undersize fish, stomp on him, to spread him out some, make him be legal length. LOL.
Naw, you'd be safe. we got enough sammichs and fruit on the boat when lobstering.
You'd be in trouble ifn yous was a scallop though. Every hunter got a cooker on the back of the boat. :laughing7:

Back in the 70's pulling lobsta traps,we always had a boiling pot for the shorts.:laughing7:
 
That's my line! The stuff I pull up would put anybody to sleep!!!!

Well you don't have the market cornered lady... I went out back again and again I found 2 half-horseshoes (again), 1 short length of heavy chain (again), 4 old rifle cartridges (again) and 1 piece of iron I believe from an old wagon. The IRS would go bust QUICKLY following me around today.
 
No need,youre in this thread,you failed to specify any other thread,so the logical conclusion would be that youre talking about this thread.



Besides you being wrong in a few,that point just about covers it.

I'll attempt to make myself clearer in the future.

Which points were I wrong on?
 
Read post #7 then read the entire contents of where the link brings you.Read post #30,go to every link and read the entire contents of where the links bring you.Theres no need to try to clear yourself of anything.Become aware thats all.The gooberment isnt the angel you may think it is.Youre working for puppets,theyre working for the banksters.Theyre bought and paid for,how about yourself?(no insult intended).
 
Read post #7 then read the entire contents of where the link brings you.Read post #30,go to every link and read the entire contents of where the links bring you.Theres no need to try to clear yourself of anything.Become aware thats all.The gooberment isnt the angel you may think it is.Youre working for puppets,theyre working for the banksters.Theyre bought and paid for,how about yourself?(no insult intended).

It will take me a while to go through all of those links, but I suspect that we may be talking past each other. I have no doubt that electronic communications are being logged and even examined, if certain triggers are present. I don't believe that any of those triggers are oriented at treasure hunting. I'm not even sure that such a thing would be necessary. As I mentioned before, there are some very nice finds that are posted in various subforums here. These finds are not in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, but some of them are definitely up into the thousands of dollars category - enough to show a blip on the IRS's radar if they were watching closely. As these fortunate individuals continue to post pictures of finds like this, I'm inclined to believe that they're being left alone. This indicates that there is some threshold present for action if things are actively being monitored. That makes me wonder. If I were to earn a few thousand dollars that I didn't report on my taxes, and then send an email to the IRS reminding them of this, I would expect some sort of response, but these folks are getting no such response. If they're keeping track of this one little corner of the internet, they don't seem to be very interested. (Alternative theory: they're watching it very closely and they're just screwing it up. Such is the way of things with any organization that reaches a certain size.)

As for myself, I look at it the same way that I looked at it when I wore a uniform: they paid me to do a job that I agreed to do, so that's what I did. These days, they pay me more to fix ships, which I also agreed to do. I was never particularly concerned about the ethics of it. Someone decided that we need all of these ships and they need to be fixed, so that's what I do now. I will state for the record that this is far better than being shot at, and I'm finding that a hardhat suits me better than a Kevlar. This may be part of the aging process.

The government as an angel? That's a tricky one. As you may have noticed, I post under my real name here. I cannot discuss certain things. I will say that I don't believe that the federal government always does the right thing, but I don't believe that they're up to many of the things that they're accused of here, and elsewhere - but not for the reasons that most think. I'll go a bit further to state that there are a variety of agencies involved that don't talk to one another (you would have thought that they'd get over that post-9/11, but it still gets reported in the news), and those agencies often have very different missions. The National Park Service is not worried about the same things that the Postal Service is, and the DoD is watching other things entirely. Be careful when lumping it all together as "the government." The animal control people are not monitoring your emails, nor are the teachers. Certain agencies do certain things. The IRS would certainly be interested in my financial dealings, but they're not the ones gathering the intel. Can they get that information? Have you ever observed different federal agencies attempting to work together? My God.

So is the government aware of this post? Yep. Did a human see it? Maybe, but probably not. That's about where I sit on it, and I have far more reason to be paranoid about my online doings than most.
 
The IRS would certainly be interested in my financial dealings, but they're not the ones gathering the intel. Can they get that information? Have you ever observed different federal agencies attempting to work together? My God.

Maybe you just hit the nail on the head there Dave.Fed agencies,in a way,no longer have to work together to obtain info.Thats what fusion centers are for.See it as a one stop shopping center for all your information needs on any person in the USA.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom