What's new

Dug my FIRST token in Florida!

beasy324

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out doing some metal detecting in Central Florida and I came across what I though was a washer took it home and hooked it up to my homemade electrolysis and ended up being my FIRST TOKEN Wooooohooooo! It reads as follows:

-Good for 5 cent trade

-20123 (on reverse) w/ a bow
 

Attachments

  • token.webp
    token.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 192
Some call them mavericks, some were intended to be used as prizes for candy or cigarettes, (but not always)
They would sell similar ones with different denominations in quantity to businesses that didn't want the fancy, name and address mentioned, different styles types.
Excellant way to start digging up a token, and glad to see that you are starting down the road of Token Digging Hell!
Kudos!
Carl
 
Nice... Dangit..now I need to start cleaning washers
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom