El Dorado California Volcanoville

The-Hangman

May 11, 2005
Hangtown, California
Hi Nick,

That area is slowly being developed. The property where what's left of the town is found was owned by the same family for decades, then inherited by a gal that was living in NY. About 2 or 3 years ago the county took it over for unpaid taxes. Its status today is unknown. I'd check with the county assessors office to see if the land has been purchased. :thumbsup:

Happy hunting,
The Hangman
Hangtown, Ca.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies Gentlemen: As I mentioned, my father was born in Rough & Ready, I was raised in Grass Valley. I have many stories from him, such as making a canon out of pipe and trying to shoot out the windows of the narrow guage RR between Grass Valley and Nevada City.

Later he rolled driver wheels down the hill through Grasss Valley, some of which went into a house and out the other side. He later became a brakeman on the RR and often had cartoons of him riding / carrying the train, he was 6' 6".

I have many stories on the family cossing the plains and the sierras to California alone, of them finding a new born baby at a camp site, who later became head of the houshold and became a state agriculture commisioner who intrduced Pears to Calif.

Tons of stories.

Hangman, if you wish a story on my grandfather being murdered and his killers never being brought to justice, yet one of them collected a reward for locating his body, em me. No strings are attached, in fact I would like his story printed.

[email protected]

Don Jose de La Mancha

bigvolt

Dec 28, 2009
Dear Bruce jr. and Hangman, I was discharged from San Francisco, along with A very good friend in 1971, I went on my way and my friend wanted me to go with him to Grass Valley and go into the mountains,

I was going to , after the experiences in viet nam we were in some what ( bad shape) but I didn't, and have always wondered where my friend was, Last I heard was he was 60 ml. from GV in the mountains, but recieved his mail at the GV post office, His name is james cor-check not sure of spelling we always called him

(ewa ) Since this is you guys stomping grounds you might have heard tell of this man, Best regards and best wishes

bigvolt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions