What's new

🥇 BANNER Epic Coin Spill . . . !

Mr.Merc

Greenie
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
109
Golden Thread
1
Location
Gold Country (CA)
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II / Sunray Probe, XP Deus / Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am posting this separately from Mark's (49r Relics) post so I can answer questions, introduce myself and post pictures.

As Mark said, we were lucky to find a few new sites that we could detect on after he did some research. Me, Mark (49r Relics) and Ron Swenson (Ron CA) were all on this hunt and we all started detecting the site, spread out in different directions. It was my first day out with my new XP Deus so coming from a Minelab I knew I had better step my game up with Mark and Ron swinging CTX's. It was literally my first good repeatable signal that started this off. One thing to keep in mind is none of these were hard to hear and any decent detector on the market would have heard any of these. And any one of us 3 could have been the first to find one these. But it was definitely my day as I dug that 1864 Seated Half (I was lucky enough to have dug my first seated half earlier in the year) so I was pretty jazzed when this popped out. It was too late to video it because I had already popped it out. The rest of the hunt is history now but it could have been any of us!!

We went back to this site several times and countless hours were spent searching for more. Only relics, no more coins from this site.

Thank you for all the comments on the other thread!

Andrew
CA Relic Adventures

CA Relic / Metal Detecting Adventures: Silver & …:
 

Attachments

  • Andrew 5 Dollar Gold Piece.webp
    Andrew 5 Dollar Gold Piece.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 20150116_192740 sm.webp
    20150116_192740 sm.webp
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,412
  • 20150116_195830[1].webp
    20150116_195830[1].webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,899
  • 20150116_200041[1].webp
    20150116_200041[1].webp
    452.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • 20150116_200942[1].webp
    20150116_200942[1].webp
    769.9 KB · Views: 1,329
  • 20150116_200736[1].webp
    20150116_200736[1].webp
    870.8 KB · Views: 1,535
Last edited:
Congrats on making the banner and watching the video is... well if it doesn't get a persons blood pumping they're just plain cold hearted.

Just a question and if has been asked already I missed it. Looking at the profiles of the halves there's iron staining on at least 6 of the halves, was this because of iron around them, or could it of been that they were in a metal container? It's just that when watching the video the coins seemed to be in just dirt and there wasn't any iron staining around in the soil. Maybe it's hard to view on a video and would of been more evident to you when the plug was turned over and the recovery was made.

Once again thanks-this is what dreams are made of right there.

Hey thanks pepperj, I'm not sure why there is iron stainin on the coins. They were in an area where their was some iron but I wouldn't think enough to stain them. It's possible they were in a container at one point in time I guess. I will post some beter pics of the 92 and 93 later today. And I posted a link to the video at the top of the post. Thank you everyone again for the comments.
 
Doooood, that's the ultimate! Who-hoo!!!
 
Excellent cache!! Being in CA I can imagine it was a gold miner's cache. Often back then if you were the type of person to go out west and mine for gold, you are also the type of person that would hoard/burry your money. Excellent recovery man!and congrats on the banner
 
Andrew,

I'm a bit late to the party but great finds and another well deserved banner.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Me too, late that is.
But I celebrate with you all and the video was great to see, so we could share it with you. You were fairly quiet, I'm like that, on a find that unreal, I'd just be, inside - OMGosh, OMGosh, OMGosh!
 
congrats, the area had to be alive with electricity from the excitement! I don't figure you guys got any sleep that night, how many times did you pinch yourself?
 
Andrew congratulations on an epic find of a lifetime, getting those Eagles out of hibernation and the Banner as icing on the top!!!!!!

Congratulations also to Mark!!!

Kudos to Ron for his great videography!!

A question, how were these coins cleaned?
 
Last edited:
mr. merc,i watched the vid again not only are you calm, funny too, 6$ gas money LOL
was there any more coins older than 1894
 
AMAZING FINDS!!!
 
WTG on an AMAZING Hunt! It's hunts like that, that keep us going!
 
Aweseome finds, so beautiful!! I love the video; one of my favorites is the dirt-licking to find the date lol.

Oh, now you might have to change your handle to Mr. Half!
 
Outstanding for sure congrats on your banner and welcome to the fourm....
 
wow...................................now only if it was not frozen here
 
Truly incredible, you must still be in shock over the scale of that hunt. ( I know I would be!). I imagine you must be thrilled beyond description! Congrats!
 
Welcome to the forum, excellent photos and double congratulations on your finds.
 
Red Just Asked What I Was Doing on the Computer I Told Her I was Watching An Amazing Dirty Video!!!! Yep She Guessed Treasurenet!!! Sweet Dig congrats on the Banner HH Chug and Red
 
Thanks everyone for the awesome comments! I know I'm slacking on thoes pics of the 92/93, been busy all weekend. I will post them as soon as I can.
 
Just Amazing Dream Come True for most of us ! very thrilling to see these come up , Congratulations .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom