What's new

🥇 BANNER Epic Coin Spill . . . !

Mr.Merc

Greenie
Joined
Dec 2, 2012
Messages
12
Reaction score
109
Golden Thread
1
Location
Gold Country (CA)
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II / Sunray Probe, XP Deus / Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am posting this separately from Mark's (49r Relics) post so I can answer questions, introduce myself and post pictures.

As Mark said, we were lucky to find a few new sites that we could detect on after he did some research. Me, Mark (49r Relics) and Ron Swenson (Ron CA) were all on this hunt and we all started detecting the site, spread out in different directions. It was my first day out with my new XP Deus so coming from a Minelab I knew I had better step my game up with Mark and Ron swinging CTX's. It was literally my first good repeatable signal that started this off. One thing to keep in mind is none of these were hard to hear and any decent detector on the market would have heard any of these. And any one of us 3 could have been the first to find one these. But it was definitely my day as I dug that 1864 Seated Half (I was lucky enough to have dug my first seated half earlier in the year) so I was pretty jazzed when this popped out. It was too late to video it because I had already popped it out. The rest of the hunt is history now but it could have been any of us!!

We went back to this site several times and countless hours were spent searching for more. Only relics, no more coins from this site.

Thank you for all the comments on the other thread!

Andrew
CA Relic Adventures

CA Relic / Metal Detecting Adventures: Silver & …:
 

Attachments

  • Andrew 5 Dollar Gold Piece.webp
    Andrew 5 Dollar Gold Piece.webp
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 20150116_192740 sm.webp
    20150116_192740 sm.webp
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,412
  • 20150116_195830[1].webp
    20150116_195830[1].webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,899
  • 20150116_200041[1].webp
    20150116_200041[1].webp
    452.9 KB · Views: 1,282
  • 20150116_200942[1].webp
    20150116_200942[1].webp
    769.9 KB · Views: 1,329
  • 20150116_200736[1].webp
    20150116_200736[1].webp
    870.8 KB · Views: 1,535
Last edited:
The best dig that I have ever seen!
 
I dub you guys "THE EPIC TRIO". I want a signed copy of the book! Just say'n!
You know we all want to read about this in the magazines!

Fantastic finds beyond words! Congrats on a well deserved BANNER!

I'm gone for a couple of days and come back to BANNER finds all over the place!

Talk about "calm, cool, and collected". You guys get the award for that too! AWESOME video!

You give me hope after having a gold less year in 2014! Thank you!
 
Fantastic coin spill :headbang: I know I will never get into one of those ???
 
A story you'll tell (show) your grandchildren - congratulations!
 
Holy COW, congratulations again man, the find of a lifetime, but with that lucky DEUS I'll bet there will be more awesome finds to come in the future.

ScottC
 
That was FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!! I would have been happy dancing to beat the band and they would have heard me shouting all the way back here in Florida!! you guys were cool as cucumbers...lol!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I absolutely loved the video and think it was simply perfect that you all managed to vid such a momentous occasion!! Now go find some more EPIC treasure!!! :laughing7:
 
So happy for you! Great day of epic digging. Thanks for sharing the fun.
Cindy
 
The best vid i have ever seen i could watch it all day congrats on a true find of a life time....
 
Now that is the find of a lifetime, Congrats!
 
That's what we are all looking for but few find it. Good research & good detecting & digging. Congratulations.
 
My hunting buddy turned me on to Ron Swenson videos and so I watched te video of this hunt recently, and all the others, what an amazing hunt!!!! Being in NW Oregon, we don't find too much of interest, at least I dont! Sure makes me want to plan a road trip to California this spring!!! Congratulations on a hunt of a life time! I hope you all have more!
 
Congratulations on all the finds, especially the gold. Super video as well. Wishing you continued success
 
What an Amazing find guys. That's a once in a lifetime dig I would think. Hopefully not though.
 
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen here! If that's not Banner, nothing is!
 
Fantastic find!!!
 
Ok Andrew, you're up again! I've watched you find you halves and 1/2 eagle, I've watched Mark find his 3 double eagles and then a fourth and finally I saw Ron find his 1/2 eagle. All the while finding awesome gold nuggets here and there! You 3 amigos are awesome, so lets see some more gold on gold with silver thrown in, lol. Great research too! Good luck finding more. Dug
 
Incredible! Congrats!

ETA: lol @ the reaction around the 12:15 mark. You guys were really excited!
 
Last edited:
What did the $20 gold coins I.D at on an XP Deus? Simply amazing to watch this! Makes me want to quit my job and do nothing but dig........Cheers from the Cane field Bandits in Louisiana!
 
Amazing finds ... Thanks for the great post!!!!​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom