What's new

Excal II freshwater sensitivity settings

PullTabPete

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
836
Reaction score
938
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using the Excal II for about a month and was wondering what I should have sensitivity set at. I read on a post a while ago not to use auto-sensitivity, not sure exactly what the reasoning was behind that.

I generally keep it at the 12 o clock position and it seems to work well, any higher it seems to false. I have been experimenting and auto sensitivity works well on dry sand and wet sand but seemed to false some in the water.

Just looking for some opinions in freshwater use.

Thanks

Pete
 
Upvote 0
I can set mine at almost maximum in fresh water. Sometimes I will use Auto when there is a lot of black sand in the area. Most of the freshwater sites I hunt up in NY have shallow targets. Even targets a hundred years old will be within detection range in the Auto mode. Your lake may be different though so go with what works best in your area. If you are getting erratic signals then back off the sensitivity.
 
Im never use auto sensitivity. Because its change about the deep. Its not good. In the wet sand i use sensitivity 11oclock some time Max sensitivity. In the water 12 oclock. When the excalibur no stable its not problem. Its good for to know the good sound of lot of crazy. The true i want to use Excalibur sometimes gives me false signing in this case the Excal was very sensive of fine goold and very deep. Hamid Its just my idea. Good luck
 
Thanks for the replies. I'll continue 12 o clock generally and maybe try a little higher and see if If I have any issues.
 
A lot depends on your beach and amount of black sand. I sometimes use Auto in the water as it seems as deep as 11 o'clock on my Excal 1000. My all metal pinpoint isn't as deep or sensitive as Auto either. I've check signals against my friends Excal II and they react differently. Sometimes mine signals a deep target and his with the same setting won't. This shows not all detectors of the same brand and model aren't made the same due to slight differences in components,
 
A lot depends on your beach and amount of black sand. I sometimes use Auto in the water as it seems as deep as 11 o'clock on my Excal 1000. My all metal pinpoint isn't as deep or sensitive as Auto either. I've check signals against my friends Excal II and they react differently. Sometimes mine signals a deep target and his with the same setting won't. This shows not all detectors of the same brand and model aren't made the same due to slight differences in components,

Thanks for the info, I have definitley noticed that my PP seems to generally have less depth then when I am in discriminate mode. I just keep experimenting and then back off when I seem to be falsing.

Thanks again.

Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom