What's new

Finally did a Hunt (creek)

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was ready for a hunt. I couldnt go to the best part of the creek because the crops were all the way to the tree line so there was no place to walk to get there. I didnt find much but it was a good trip with the birds singing and the sounds of the creek. I didnt see any snakes so that is always a good trip in my book. Although the ticks were out and hungry. I brought 1 geofact home just cause it was interesting.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3594.webp
    100_3594.webp
    639.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_3595.webp
    100_3595.webp
    232.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_3596.webp
    100_3596.webp
    464.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_3597.webp
    100_3597.webp
    214.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_3602.webp
    100_3602.webp
    160.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_3604.webp
    100_3604.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_3606.webp
    100_3606.webp
    141.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_3608.webp
    100_3608.webp
    266.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_3609.webp
    100_3609.webp
    183 KB · Views: 178
  • 100_3610.webp
    100_3610.webp
    214.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_3614.webp
    100_3614.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
Looks like the creek is treating you pretty good. Nice day out bro!!
 
Nice. Is the big one a large piece of pottery.
 
Nice looking creek.
That one photo into the water looks like a quartz point or Hafted scraper in the midst of a bunch of pottery.. or am I just seeing things?
 
I didn't look at your first pic. Close the first time around. Nice new pets. What did you name those sweet cuddly ticks? I honestly wish ticks and chiggers would go extinct. I bet some jackass would be in front of the White House with a big sign saying, "save the ticks". You think?
 
Rock,
That creek looks good and has to be holding a wonderful artifact somewhere & I hope you find it. Good luck.
 
Nothing wrong with creek hunting! Looks like a good one. So, was the 1 geofact you brought home, the one shown in bottom right pic? That is a cool looking stone.
 
Nice. Is the big one a large piece of pottery.

Yeah I have found some smaller pieces but that one is thick. It shows orange due to it being fired I guess in a fire pit I dont know how they fired their pottery to tell you the truth. But its a nice large piece. I usually dont keep it unless it shows some decoration like the smaller square one.
 
Nice looking creek.
That one photo into the water looks like a quartz point or Hafted scraper in the midst of a bunch of pottery.. or am I just seeing things?

Thats what I thought when I took the pic. It was just a piece of quartz and didnt show any work. The black pieces are actually just quartz cobbles with creek stain. I found allot of round flat pieces that I thought might of been Metates but were just geofacts. They showed no sings of work either.
 
I didn't look at your first pic. Close the first time around. Nice new pets. What did you name those sweet cuddly ticks? I honestly wish ticks and chiggers would go extinct. I bet some jackass would be in front of the White House with a big sign saying, "save the ticks". You think?

Yeah I pulled one off my neck and the other off my back. I hate ticks! I named them toilet bowl critters as they flushed away.
 
Rock,
That creek looks good and has to be holding a wonderful artifact somewhere & I hope you find it. Good luck.

Yeah it was still deep in certain sections. I figured the pottery washed from upstream but it was too deep in that section to check and there was something moving in the water that I couldnt see. Next time when the water goes lower.
 
Nothing wrong with creek hunting! Looks like a good one. So, was the 1 geofact you brought home, the one shown in bottom right pic? That is a cool looking stone.

It was the 2nd on the right. I was hoping it was a incised stone but no luck just a flint nodule.
 
Now the first one was the best other than the flake blade. The first one is a broken pendant it broke rite at the drill hole. Second one I have found out there but a good distance from each other. Ill show both pieces I have found out there.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3602.webp
    100_3602.webp
    160.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_3276.webp
    100_3276.webp
    105.2 KB · Views: 111
I agree that creek looks fantastic. You know it holds some good ones. Still flooded here. Unbelievable. Rains every day. You are lucky to get out!
 
I agree that creek looks fantastic. You know it holds some good ones. Still flooded here. Unbelievable. Rains every day. You are lucky to get out!

Yeah it was still deep. I tried wearing by swim trunks under my jeans. That was tough sitting on the bank on a bucket trying to change so I could do the deeper sections but the water was still dingy and I couldnt see nothing in the deeper parts. I believe the artifacts might of washed off the other side of the bank from where I was due to the land being flat on that side. Im still exploring the area. Im getting closer I do believe.
 
That creek looks like it is the answer. I can imagine much in there off your fields. Take a rake for those gravel bars. Looks like a place to sift when you hit the flint concentrations. I agree with everyone that you will come back with some nice ones. I carry deep woods off and just jump in. A pair of old old tennis shoes will protect your feet.
 
glad you got out Rock...I agree with the others that it sure looks promising.
 
The first piece looks like pottery.
The second looks like stone.
As for the pottery.. a lot of it was drilled on both sides of cracks for repair.
Soil and water round off the edges on the pottery alot.
I'm not sure this is what you have have.. but here is some of mine for comparison.. none of these are pendants.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom