What's new

Finally got Shaved after 2,500,000 Halves

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
That's right Sportsfans, I have searched my large butt off and today I was rewarded with my first Barber. I know they have come easier to some of you but I have not had the fortune to find one until today.
One of the bags I picked up today only had one keeper. I can't imagine why it made it this far.

Best of luck to all of you and Happy Holidays ! Jim
 

Attachments

  • Barber.webp
    Barber.webp
    56.7 KB · Views: 747
Upvote 0
The back looks okay too. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • reverse of barber.webp
    reverse of barber.webp
    33 KB · Views: 743
Very nice coin. Odds are you're next one won't take as long.

Nice looking coin though.
 
That is one beautiful coin in beautiful condition. Congratulations!
 
Congrats,

That is a very nice looking Barber for being found in the wild. It should grade at least VG.

65GT350
 
Welcome to the club CP, we saved a seat for ya. Very nice Barber!
 
Sweetness! Congrats on the great find! :thumbsup:

-Codes
 
wow cp! that's a good lookin' barber ya got there. i was very surprised by the title of your post. i would have figured a guy who goes thru that many coins would have stumbled upon one here and there but hey...this hobby is funny like that. well, congrats anyway!

i agree with bjorn...i'd be willin' to be the next one won't take near as long.

good luck and happy holidays to you and yours! :occasion14:
 
Nice looking coin there. I am still waiting but am a bit behind on search numbers. 2,500,000...2500 boxes - wow - that is an amazing feat in itself. You deserve a banner for that! That is what 35 box a week for a year. That is persistence.

Maine_Jim
 
I first posted in January of 2007. I had the bug a bit before that. I am right at 2 years searching and that is still more than I ever thought I would do. I am sure glad that more silver has started to surface again. That 6 month drought was tough on all of us.

I hope you are safe and have power etc. Thanks Jim, Jim
 
Congratulations that is quite the feat!!!
2,500,000 halves searched... cant even imagine
 
kbinski said:
Congratulations that is quite the feat!!!
2,500,000 halves searched... cant even imagine

although I can't imagine that many halves.....I can imagine that many coins... :) Hoping to hit the 2 million mark by the end of the year...need to pick up about 95,000 more coins over the next 2 weeks.
 
Alriiiight Papa.....WTG!!!!! That baby is in pretty good shape too.....very nice score. As many coins as you go through and the effort you put in.....you definitely deserve this one!! I hope they start popping up more frequently for you now Pop. :thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS
 
That is wonderful. I still have not found one. Congrats to you man.

HH
Cat
 
Congrats Jim. Two years without a shave haha. Maybe you will have better luck than I but I have yet to find the sister to the one I found last year. And I agree about the silver infusion- much better now. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom