What's new

FINALLY!!!!!!!! U.S. CIVIL WAR BUCKLE! FIRST EVER!!!!!!

FoundInNC

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
458
Reaction score
638
Golden Thread
2
Location
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone! I am quite excited to share my find today! Me and my friend Brian were out all day hunting a supposed rev. war site, and it did not give us even a flat button. We went to our Civil War site that has given some bullets and buttons. This particular site is SMOKED. There are no good signals but lots of iron. I dug for 2 hours and got 3 nonferrous targets. One of them was my very FIRST EVER U.S. Belt plate! I cant believe it. I knew what it was as soon as I felt it in the hole. It was about 7inches down, and letters down. It has the puppy paws and all still intact. This is probably the coolest relic pulled from this site! There is barely any damage but it is bent! I'll take it!

I know people post them regularly on this site, but I would like you guys to consider where I live. I live in central North Carolina, a ways from any significant Civil War battle. We NEVER see these things dug around where I live, unless you go to Bentonville, and I believe they just discovered a few in Raleigh. I think that we may be on a campsite now, because both me and my friend dug Virginia cuff buttons. Not bad for an ACE 250! Theyre great machines yall! Thanks for looking at my buckle! I am SOOOOO HAPPY!
download-7.webp
IMAG0429.webp
IMAG0432.webp
IMAG0431.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Nice buckle! Congratulations!
 
Nice plate , bet you are pumped making a great find like that , I know I would be... Congrats
 
Congrats on your first buckle. You are right, we seldom see one from central North Carolina. You did well! Tennessee digger
 
Awesome buckle, congrats!!!
 
Congrats on buckle--bet that felt good! I've been detecting for over 28 yrs and never even one CW buckle--but other CW finds like bullets,cannon ball parts,and a confederate ordnance fuse--and I've found a 1830's militia buckle once. I would like to find a US or Confederate buckle--and know some folks who have found them but I'd like to be that lucky----CONGRATS MAN! Now the ACE 250 looks good enough for a relic machine I bet--ha ha!
 
The back of that buckle is in beautiful shape. Fantastic find, brother!

I'm picking up a second hand Ace 250 for a good price. It will be a backup machine, but also something to offer to landowners when I ask for permission. Hopefully I can increase my low permission success rate by offering them to come out and split 50/50.

"I know guys in the States who find Civil War buckles with this machine." 8-)
 
Congratulations on your First US Belt Plate, and a very Nice one at that!! :occasion14::occasion14:
 
Congrats on a fine relic! You are not far from Johnston's retreat route so there could be CW relics most anywhere around there. That is indeed a nice buckle!
Mike
 
Congrats man!
 
Awesome buckel.:headbang:
 
Now that's something to brag about. Very nice.
 
That's one hell of a first.
 
What a find FoundinNC :headbang: It's now Official :metaldetector: The Ace Yellow Fellow can locate Decent Relics 8-)
 
Awsome find - Congrats
 
Yes, very nice! Just goes to show, while high end machines can give one an advantage, the REAL secret is putting your coil over a good target.:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom