What's new

FINALLY!!!!!!!! U.S. CIVIL WAR BUCKLE! FIRST EVER!!!!!!

FoundInNC

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
458
Reaction score
638
Golden Thread
2
Location
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone! I am quite excited to share my find today! Me and my friend Brian were out all day hunting a supposed rev. war site, and it did not give us even a flat button. We went to our Civil War site that has given some bullets and buttons. This particular site is SMOKED. There are no good signals but lots of iron. I dug for 2 hours and got 3 nonferrous targets. One of them was my very FIRST EVER U.S. Belt plate! I cant believe it. I knew what it was as soon as I felt it in the hole. It was about 7inches down, and letters down. It has the puppy paws and all still intact. This is probably the coolest relic pulled from this site! There is barely any damage but it is bent! I'll take it!

I know people post them regularly on this site, but I would like you guys to consider where I live. I live in central North Carolina, a ways from any significant Civil War battle. We NEVER see these things dug around where I live, unless you go to Bentonville, and I believe they just discovered a few in Raleigh. I think that we may be on a campsite now, because both me and my friend dug Virginia cuff buttons. Not bad for an ACE 250! Theyre great machines yall! Thanks for looking at my buckle! I am SOOOOO HAPPY!
download-7.webp
IMAG0429.webp
IMAG0432.webp
IMAG0431.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
A great find, I cant believe how many buckles you blokes find, there is nothing like it down here.

I want to raise something with buckle finders, but will do so elsewhere so as not to take the gloss of this great day of yours!
 
Congrats on your first plate. There's nothing like the feeling of pulling one out of the ground and realizing what it is. Best of luck for more great finds in that area and maybe even a SECOND one. :headbang:
 
Congratulations on a Great Find!
 
Congrats! I hope to find a buckle one day.
 
Congrats on your first buckle.
 
Awesome and Congrats :headbang: !!!

TommNJ
 
Wow! nice find! Congrats!
 
Great find hope theirs moor to come.
 
Congrats on your find and congrats on using an Ace 250. Just shows, you don't need a million dollar machine to find great stuff!!!
 
Awesome. When I hit the woods, I go "all metal", and dig everything.
 
Thank you to everyone for all the nice comments! It is going to be hard to top this find, for a while. It is one of my best finds! I am so happy to be able to give the Ace 250 such positive light! Happy digging fellas!
 
Congrats man. That is one fine find! Old timers have told me there were many camps between Raleigh and Greensboro near the end of the war. HH
 
I feel your excitement thats what this great hobby is all about thanx for sharing with us.....WTG!!!!!:thumbsup:
 
Congrats on a very nice find HH

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Detectors
CTX 3030
Etrac
whites m6
pro pointer
Ulster County NY
Youtube Channel firefighter2542005 - YouTube
 
very nice find for sure... awsome shape to
 
It does not matter how many have been dug and posted this one is yours and it is beautiful. Way to go. I would be stoked as well. Congratulations on a great find.
HH
TnMtns
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom