What's new

FINALLY!!!!!!!! U.S. CIVIL WAR BUCKLE! FIRST EVER!!!!!!

FoundInNC

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Messages
458
Reaction score
638
Golden Thread
2
Location
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone! I am quite excited to share my find today! Me and my friend Brian were out all day hunting a supposed rev. war site, and it did not give us even a flat button. We went to our Civil War site that has given some bullets and buttons. This particular site is SMOKED. There are no good signals but lots of iron. I dug for 2 hours and got 3 nonferrous targets. One of them was my very FIRST EVER U.S. Belt plate! I cant believe it. I knew what it was as soon as I felt it in the hole. It was about 7inches down, and letters down. It has the puppy paws and all still intact. This is probably the coolest relic pulled from this site! There is barely any damage but it is bent! I'll take it!

I know people post them regularly on this site, but I would like you guys to consider where I live. I live in central North Carolina, a ways from any significant Civil War battle. We NEVER see these things dug around where I live, unless you go to Bentonville, and I believe they just discovered a few in Raleigh. I think that we may be on a campsite now, because both me and my friend dug Virginia cuff buttons. Not bad for an ACE 250! Theyre great machines yall! Thanks for looking at my buckle! I am SOOOOO HAPPY!
download-7.webp
IMAG0429.webp
IMAG0432.webp
IMAG0431.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 20
see the ace is a good machine, so all u doubters can KISS MY ACE
 
Sweet, very happy for you!
Keep it up,
Bunker
 
Congrats man..nice find
 
Congrats! finding that first is an amzing feeling (found my first last March) and I can relate to the fist-pumping joy of finding something awesome like that.
 
Congrats! I can't wait to check it out at this month's club meeting.
 
The ace250 served you well!!!! Huge thumbs up to ya!!!!!!
 
congrats! that is in very nice condition! Hope I find one someday too!
 
sweet find congrats.
big milestone in all MD'ers
 
Beautiful looking buckle! Congrats on digging your first and hopefully not your last!!

IM
 
Nice find!! Always fun to find a buckle...slight correct - those are arrow hooks on the back, not puppy paws. A little newer plate than one with puppy paws...still a great CW relic.
 
Great job and Congratulations!!!
 
awesome find and the grin says it all,I envy you boys back East with the CW history you folks have :headbang:
 
sweet. that's a nice one. congrats!
 
Oh my gosh Found!1 That is so cool! Love the pics and the huge smile!!! :D
 
Fantastic find, You just never know what ya gonna find, It's one of the reasons I love this hobby so much!.....HH
 
Congratulations!! My first one came in 2010 after 6 LONG years of relic hunting...i was really starting to think it would never happen. The emotion i felt on that first one is something ill never forget thats for sure! Now that you have that monkey off of your back, the next one will probably come a little easier.

If you are like me you will be grinning ear to ear trying to fall asleep :) Be proud of that sweet US plate man! WTG!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom