What's new

FOLSOM !! FOLSOM !! FOLSOM !!

MANCHU

Full Member
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
133
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first complete Folsom today !!! I have found 3 or 4 broken ones but not this time !!! Its all there !!! Killer Killer . I will post more pics if i can stop shaking , LOL!!! Enjoy !! I found it in Gaines Co. Tx.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0002.webp
    IMG_0002.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 5,866
  • IMG_0003.webp
    IMG_0003.webp
    67 KB · Views: 5,637
  • IMG_0004.webp
    IMG_0004.webp
    81.3 KB · Views: 5,642
  • IMG_0006.webp
    IMG_0006.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 6,250
  • IMG_0007.webp
    IMG_0007.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 5,663
  • IMG_0008.webp
    IMG_0008.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 5,591
  • IMG_0009.webp
    IMG_0009.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 6,170
Upvote 0
If you would like to know more, read this article written by Dr. Michael Collins, about the Gault Site in Texas.. He is one of, if not the foremost archaeoligst on the Clovis culture in the world.. One of the nicest men you would ever meet.. Very honored to call him a friend and had the opprutunity to work with him on one occasion around Paint Rock TX....
http://www.athenapub.com/10gault.htm
 
You know, your right. its not my place to ask those questions, and that was out of line. I apologize. I have a hard time when it comes to whether or not one should collect artifacts. There is such a dicotomy between archaeologists and collectors, and I guess I'm right in the middle. I'm going to school for archaeology, but I enjoy metal detecting, and I understand both sides arguments. But i havent decided which one i subscribe to yet.

That must have been an exciting moment manchu, congrats.
 
Very nice arrowhead! Find of a lifetime!
 
Thanks again all for your post !!
 
Absolutely gorgeous! would like to hold in my hand and feel the vibes.
 
westerntreasurehunter said:
You know, your right. its not my place to ask those questions, and that was out of line. I apologize. I have a hard time when it comes to whether or not one should collect artifacts. There is such a dicotomy between archaeologists and collectors, and I guess I'm right in the middle. I'm going to school for archaeology, but I enjoy metal detecting, and I understand both sides arguments. But i havent decided which one i subscribe to yet.

That must have been an exciting moment manchu, congrats.

Very intelligently put Western. The problem with Archaeology vs. treasure hunters/collectors is that Archy's want to dig and preserve in a museum. Collector and treasure hunters want to put it in there collections or sell them. The catch, Archy's "dig", test, and carbon date to reference, then place said artifacts into a museum to be shelved or displayed. Museums choice. Most collectors out there surface hunt and although some collectors dig for there artifacts they are still preserving them for future generations to see and possibly hold. I do not condone digging and i'm sorry to the fellow collector's who do but i do feel that those items are still Archaeologically important, as they are in as left condition still capable of carbon dating and presenting a historical record of that site. When you dig a fresh site you have taken a piece of history away from the books. When they hit the surface they serve no archaeological significance other then location. The worst tragedy is the laws preventing surface hunting in areas under constant erosion ie; rivers, lakes and washouts. These artifacts will surely be lost possibly forever if they are washed into the water. Our job as collectors is to preserve history for future generations to see, regardless how it was found or purchased or whose collection it ends up in. The very fact that the artifact is in the hands of another insures the preservation of that history unless they throw it away, which i highly doubt would ever happen...................................GTP
 
05kas05 said:
man that is one sweet point i wish i could find something like that someday. congrats
Thanks 05K !!! I hope you do . I'm working on my 2nd one !!! LOL!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom