What's new

Found 2 arrowheads!

puckhunter84

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gwinnett County, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 arrowheads last week around lake Lanier! And the other 1 I have had for a while! But I was walking along the beaches in a bunch of rocky areas and found 1 and the other one was found in a different location of the lake! But I was extremely excited they are best finds I have found as far as arrowheads!! I just figured I would share!!!! It's the first one and the middle one are the ones I found I think the third was a gift years ago!!!!!


image-3212774388.webp
 
Upvote 0
I spent some time on Lanier back about 4-5 years ago when it was really low. We did a sonar survey around AquaLand marina to determine which docks would have to be moved if it got any lower. I searched some promising looking areas but no finds. Then the sheriff's dept. asked us to use our sonar unit to help them with a body search...I guess a guy had fallen off a jet ski and never resurfaced. Interesting trip to say the least. Nice finds!
 
Too bad we can't figure out how to calibrate a handheld device to detect the density of Flint..
Hmmmmm.. 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom