What's new

Found 2 arrowheads!

puckhunter84

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2013
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gwinnett County, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 arrowheads last week around lake Lanier! And the other 1 I have had for a while! But I was walking along the beaches in a bunch of rocky areas and found 1 and the other one was found in a different location of the lake! But I was extremely excited they are best finds I have found as far as arrowheads!! I just figured I would share!!!! It's the first one and the middle one are the ones I found I think the third was a gift years ago!!!!!


image-3212774388.webp
 
Upvote 0
Oh and lake Lanier is in Georgia by the way if anybody was wondering!!!!
 
Love that middle one.. nice finds.
Great bass fishing in that lake.
Worn down Savannah river point Mabey? Mabey even a Morrow Mountain ..it looks like its lost some detail to the water over the years.
Looks like it might be made of rayholite.
 
Last edited:
Thank you yeah I love bass fishing there!! And I didn't know what type of rocks they were though but I was excited to find them!!
 
Can you take a photo with a size reference? What size are they?
Mabey just hold one.
 
Real nice points,:thumbsup:The water level must be down some. I have hunted that lake before,When I lived in Stone Mnt.
 
Thank you it's still up its at a great level right I was along some of the rocky banks.
 
Go back to that same area when the water is low.
 
Got some nice arrowhead finds. I find allot of black flint where I hunt at in N Ga.
Welcome to the site, rock
 
I will I am sure this winter it will be low again! It always is are you from Georgia area?
 
Florida.
But I get around.
 
Ok that's if your ever in the Gwinnett area and you wanna do some bass fishing at lake Lanier let me know because I make my own fishing lures also!! Or if you want to go arrowhead hunting or something like that let me know!! My little brother he does the gold panning and stuff like that and I do more of the rock hounding and artifact hunting well I am trying to get started doing that since my little boy just turned 3 and I am able to kinda take him along now!! But my little brother is on this site and he got me into this site it's very interesting I love it!!!
 
Welcome home brother..ha!
Watch out it's very addictive!
Sounds like you've been a hunter all along..you just found your perfect quarry... it combines rock hounding and history.
Thanks for the invite..I will remember that.
Congrats on the whole Daddy thing!
Get him outdoors!
 
Oh yeah thank you yeah I am getting him into the outdoors that's for sure I am a big bass fisherman he already loves it and has already caught a couple nice fish!!
 
I have fished Lanier in several tournaments. Neat lake. It if full this year? Last year it was way low. You are finding some nice points there. That was my problem tournament fishing. I was always jumping out of the boat onto the shore.
Welcome to t-net.
 
I don't know how big your hand is, but those points fill your palm nicely!...well done!
 
Thank y'all yeah it is a Great Lake to fish and the past couple of years it's been way low until this year it's been the highest it's been in years which is good for boating and fishing!! My hand is about 7 to 8 inches long I guess!
 
Worn down savannah river. What it looked like before the swim.

image-2852896980.webp

Nice find!!
 
Man NC I love all the natural shades of tan, grey and brown in that collection. It is very pleasing to the eye.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom