Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes you read that right .

I was out detecting tonight in a park / playground an found this woman .I wont go into alot of details , I'll just say I was detecting this park like normal it was around midnight an had detected it an was on my way to leaving when I noticed a pair of shoes up inside the mouth of one of those tube slides that is all twisty , I yelled into the tube no response , beat on the tube no respone , shook the foot with the detector no resonse .

long story short , yes I did call 911 , yes the cops did show up an took care of the scene an took my statement an all of my info.then released me an said go home .

this was a first for me metal detecting an I pray my last , this is not something that I ever wanted to find , I dont know anything about this person other than what I have told you here ,I'm not a religous person but I hope she RIP an her family dont have to suffer threw this .

(Update)
good morning folks , Well I just got off the phone with the police they had some questions for me , the same ones as last night but what the hey , why where you there ....etc .
The cop I spoke with couldnt go into alot of detail , but told me the young lady was in her early 20's an it looks like an Overdose , they think she either climed up in the tube to get out of the wind or to stay outa veiw while she enjoyed her buzz before she expired.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: found a dead woman tonight

holy moley -- did it look like foul play --or maybe a junky od? that is freakish .

have a shot of "adult beverage" and unwind that kinda stuff is rough * once long ago when I worked with a dredging firm in the great lakes, we used to find "floaters" in spring mear buffalo new york -- homeless folks that killed themselves by throwing themselves off a bridge or bodies that were dumped by killers thru the ice sinking to the cold bottom, however once spring hit they popped to the surface -- finding them was not pleasent --- but it was the last decent thing we could go for them to report em and have them taken care of;

you have done her a "final" kindess --by reporting her in know that if foul play is suspected --the scene can be handled properly -- better you a adult to find it than some poor young kid playing --as a adult you can deal with it better.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

I bet you won't go out at night for a while Tank :o

That's terrible, but like others have said, it's better you found her!

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

omg!

tadpole1

Greenie
Sep 20, 2009

You might want to think about becoming religious. That might have been your sign. :dontknow: :help:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazy, happened to me to as a kid, found a lady in a front yard. watched the paramedics give mouth to mouth and spit out chewing tobacco she had in her mouth. remember it like yesterday. I didnt shake her foot with my detector though.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

YIKES!

ron_c

Mar 13, 2009
Noth Central Texas
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL, G2, Compass Coin Scanner Pro, Garrett BFO Discriminator, Garrett Pro Pointer,White's TRX PP, XP Gold Maxx Power, White's IDX Pro, Omega, Tesoro Vaquero

Dang, Tank!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o that's scary! Bet you won't be going out alone detecting at night for a long time.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe that park isn't too safe to hunt at night anymore. That is one creepy find, and it looks like you are living the movie "Stand By Me", except you brought no one back to see the body.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure that find put a bummer on your evening Tank.
But like most have said.... you as an adult would be
better equiped mentally to handle the situation than
would a kid sliding down that tube and finding what you did.
Still.... not something anyone wants to find while MDing.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

I thought this would be a joke thread...oh that is so awful. Hope you can get the images out of your head!

R

rig runner09

dang tank it don't sound like that park is a safe place to be at night !

CAgem

Mar 8, 2008
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, Deus
When I saw your post, I thought you'd found some sort of statue or something equally light-hearted. Then I read it, unbelievable! I hope that's an experience I never have. :o

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3

shaun7 said:
I bet you won't go out at night for a while Tank :o

That's terrible, but like others have said, it's better you found her!
Yes definetly better. So sad :'( and terrible.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well at least it wasn't foul play --thank god --- because that might mean the bad guy / guys were nearby * and would have though you saw em --danger --danger to you * ---as a OD its bad enough still however ---happily most folks never have to deal with "finding" a body --- if not a pleasent thing to to do ---but shes going to be taken care of now and her family will not be left wonder where is she at ? -- like I said before --its better you a adult to find herlate at night then some poor lil kid in the morning --could scar the kid for life as a adult you can cope and deal with it much better. ---an OD death in your 20's what waste.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Tank, I'm very sorry that you had to come across such a sad, sad scene. I probably would have cried after finding a young lady in her 20's dead of an apparent suicide. I do not find any humor in this, and I would certainly hope others won't either.

Btw, good job in doing the responsible thing.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions