What's new

Found a SMOKER

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Found this exquisite example of the Sarasota type last Monday .. A Woodland point made of agatized coral.
Type ID. Put together with site information with the help of Son Anderson and others:headbang: 20180415_132438~2.webp20180415_132411~2.webpIMG_3453.webpreceived_1903891602976245.webp
 
Upvote 0
...this gift is from your Dad...remember the "good times."
 
Had to come back for a second look. Man, that is one awesome point!
 
Good to see ya posting. Sorry about your Dad. The best point I ever found was also found 20 years to the day of my Fathers death. Funny how life will send a little sunshine when we need it. Congratulations on your banner.
Artifacts belong with Relics up on top.
 
The most beautiful point i have seen on here! Congrats on your find and sorry for your loss.
 
Sooo cool... Finally after over 14 thousand posts I made banner with one!
:hello2:
I definitely think you deserve it! And sorry about your father!
 
Sorry to hear about your dad.
I'm sure you will cherish this find amazing find.
 
Last edited:
Hate that you lost your dad...happy that you found an amazing point...I don't think I would be able to quit holding and rubbing it...congrats.
 
Be careful with that point, there appears to be a hairline fracture line near the tip of the point. :icon_scratch:
 
Last edited:
Just Beautiful..WOW!
 
Man what a Killer it is!! Glad you made Banner with that one but its all down hill from here now. Hope you can find a better one some day but I think its going to be tough. Sorry to hear about your father Im sure he would of been proud. Its a stunning point, congrats
 
It's absolutely flawless and there are a lot of emotions tied up with that one as I found it on the last day my father was on this Earth

Sorry to hear that GatorBoy.

I think things happen for a reason , Why? IDK

Now every time you look or think of the 'point' You will remember your Dad & Vice Versa.

I'm surprised it made it through all those years 'unbroken' esp ,given FL's population.
God Bless You & Yours.
 
Be careful with that point, there appears to be a hairline fracture line near the tip of the point. :icon_scratch:

I see what you're looking at..it's actually part of the coral structure
 
So sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
Congrats on the incredible find.
 
Booyahh!!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny
 
What a beautiful blade! Congratulations on a banner find!

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom