What's new

found at old homesite

RJH02

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I found these today at an old homesite . I think they are brass or copper, steering wheel looking thing is two pieces pressed together, the other object is maybe a nail used for slate roofs? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0001.webp
    PICT0001.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 502
  • PICT0002.webp
    PICT0002.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 531
  • PICT0003.webp
    PICT0003.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 527
  • PICT0013.webp
    PICT0013.webp
    5 KB · Views: 514
The nail could be a rivet.
 
Upvote 0
ah-haa, last time I was there I found these, I stripped the leather off of the one on the left. Thanks for the ID.

Just for fun here is a pic of the well(?) right next to the house, oppisite the shovel on the other side of the steps. It had a cement base ,like the steps built around it, about 4 ft wide and 40 ft deep.

Also for fun here is a pic of a Va button found today by a friend(Percy) not to far from the steps.
 

Attachments

  • PICT0002a.webp
    PICT0002a.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 455
  • PICT0008.webp
    PICT0008.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 458
  • percys button.webp
    percys button.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
here ya go
 

Attachments

  • rivet machine and rivets.webp
    rivet machine and rivets.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0
That is a cool looking place and sweet button as well :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
It probably isn't, but that wheel looks like part of an old erector set .. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom