What's new

Found Four or Five Years Ago

Beauties!
What on earth type of material is that grey slate looking one?
Also that second one wow it almost looks like coral... Great points with some great looking patina.
 
Nice points. Thanks for the view
 
Hard to beat southwest Georgia points!
 
What amazes me is the quality and variety of the points you have found. My hat is off to you!
 
All are nice points!!! Tony
 
Beauties!
What on earth type of material is that grey slate looking one?
Also that second one wow it almost looks like coral... Great points with some great looking patina.

The two you asked about are not made out of south Georgia material. When I found the second one, it was partially covered by soil and it looked like a piece of tin. I took the gray one in to the Geology Department at the university and the geologist said it was crystalized slate. He said he had seen material like it in north Georgia. They were both found in a field that I no longer have permission to hunt. It was a very good field and I miss hunting it. I have picked up a field that is adjacent to it that has good artifacts, but someone else looks it also and I usually only find footprints.
 
Sorry to hear about the footprints really I am ...thank you for answering... those are a couple of the most interesting pieces of material I've seen in a while.
 
Very nice indeed! I've never seen one like the gray one. Footprints are no fun to find either! Thanks for sharing!
 
I was thinking that second pic was that Tallahatta Quartz I have seen pics of…I've never seen it in person though...either way it is a beauty…they all are...
 
Very Nice Americus,:thumbsup: The second pic. looks a lot like material I find here.I call it rhyolite as a lot of what I find here is different forms of it.Here some pics. below of some of mine. That makes me think of yours.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3095.webp
    DSCN3095.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
  • DSCN3100.webp
    DSCN3100.webp
    832.9 KB · Views: 100
#5 looks like the creek material I have here which are big boulders they look grey with blue wavy streaks in them all. I haven't found much of it worked though.
 
Great finds Americus!
 
Blue one is stunning, Man!
 
Really nasty points right there, good finds, thanks for sharing!
 
:icon_thumright: You have some beauties there!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom