D dbag1969 Jr. Member Joined Jun 15, 2013 Messages 92 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Iowa Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #1 Obsidian or glass? Upvote 0
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #2 Looks like left overs from an iron ore furnace but I've only seen it in blue or green Attachments image-410129235.webp 38.8 KB · Views: 109
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #3 slag and it comes in all colors
D dbag1969 Jr. Member Joined Jun 15, 2013 Messages 92 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Iowa Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 Thread Owner #4 rock said: slag and it comes in all colors Click to expand... What kind of slag? magnets don't like it ....
rock said: slag and it comes in all colors Click to expand... What kind of slag? magnets don't like it ....
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #5 It won't b magnetic and it is from iron ore furnaces from 180o's time frame
D dbag1969 Jr. Member Joined Jun 15, 2013 Messages 92 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Iowa Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 Thread Owner #6 painterx7 said: It won't b magnetic and it is from iron ore furnaces from 180o's time frame Click to expand... What is it made of? Is it glass?
painterx7 said: It won't b magnetic and it is from iron ore furnaces from 180o's time frame Click to expand... What is it made of? Is it glass?
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #7 You know to b honest I don't know what the bi product is composed of but let me see if I can find out
You know to b honest I don't know what the bi product is composed of but let me see if I can find out
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #8 Slag Glass is the actual term for it.
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #9 No luck on the composition of the slag but it sure is pretty sometimes I have some blue pieces that are beautiful
No luck on the composition of the slag but it sure is pretty sometimes I have some blue pieces that are beautiful
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #10 I know a guy that saw a bunch of slag in different colors and thought they were gems
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #11 Out of towners buy it here lol
hbrown22 Sr. Member Joined Jul 23, 2013 Messages 385 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location north Middle Tennessee Primary Interest: Other Sep 9, 2013 #12 Lots of blue slag in the LBL area (Land Between the Lakes). How far are you from there Painterx7?
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #13 Oh I could almost throw a rock lol there is an old furnace 1 mile from my house haha I camp in LBL all the time
Oh I could almost throw a rock lol there is an old furnace 1 mile from my house haha I camp in LBL all the time
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #14 I live in Dover I'm about 5 miles from the famous Dover flint mine
hbrown22 Sr. Member Joined Jul 23, 2013 Messages 385 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location north Middle Tennessee Primary Interest: Other Sep 9, 2013 #15 We take our horses out there a few times a year. We also stayed in some cabins in Dover. Dixie Cabins, or something like that. That was a few years back when we went night bass fishing on Barkley.
We take our horses out there a few times a year. We also stayed in some cabins in Dover. Dixie Cabins, or something like that. That was a few years back when we went night bass fishing on Barkley.
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 10, 2013 #16 Next time your in we will go to a good creek !!!
hbrown22 Sr. Member Joined Jul 23, 2013 Messages 385 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location north Middle Tennessee Primary Interest: Other Sep 10, 2013 #17 painterx7 said: Next time your in we will go to a good creek !!! Click to expand... Good deal!
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 10, 2013 #18 I found my blue piece here is a pic Attachments image-3385865865.webp 50.9 KB · Views: 78 image-2061477645.webp 51.3 KB · Views: 83
hbrown22 Sr. Member Joined Jul 23, 2013 Messages 385 Reaction score 452 Golden Thread 0 Location north Middle Tennessee Primary Interest: Other Sep 11, 2013 #19 painterx7 said: I found my blue piece here is a pic Click to expand... My daughter found a small piece near our creek almost identical to it!
painterx7 said: I found my blue piece here is a pic Click to expand... My daughter found a small piece near our creek almost identical to it!
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #20 Tell her awesome job !!! Beautiful piece