D dbag1969 Jr. Member Joined Jun 15, 2013 Messages 92 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Iowa Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 9, 2013 #1 Obsidian or glass? Upvote 0
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #21 Some do knap that type of slag for points if it is big enough.
pippinwhitepaws Banned Joined Jan 2, 2013 Messages 4,583 Reaction score 1,971 Golden Thread 0 Location somewhere between flagstaff, preskit Detector(s) used Whites prism III Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #22 slag - Bing Images
N ncnurseryman Hero Member Joined Jul 28, 2013 Messages 803 Reaction score 443 Golden Thread 0 Location north carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #23 Wow. That stuff is gorgeous. So its just industrial waste product?? That blue is stunning.
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #24 Yes just waste product from ore mining in the 1800's I know where there is fields of this stuff
J Jon Stewart Bronze Member Joined Jan 11, 2011 Messages 1,039 Reaction score 947 Golden Thread 0 Sep 11, 2013 #25 That blue slag might make a nice looking arrowhead.
painterx7 Silver Member Joined Jul 20, 2013 Messages 2,894 Reaction score 2,579 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Sep 11, 2013 #26 I know a couple guys who knap flint I might bring them a piece and see what they can do . It would b pretty !!!
I know a couple guys who knap flint I might bring them a piece and see what they can do . It would b pretty !!!