What's new

Found my first 90% Silver dollar

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was picking up my boxes today and saw a stack of 9 big dollars in the tellers tray to my left. After receiving my 2 boxes i asked if i could buy them.They were looking one over carefully and one teller told me it's year,1878 S.Do i still want it?Sure! It was in excellent shape with the exception of a small hole drilled in it. probably for a chain. Still made my day.The 2 boxes were ok too,19-40% and a 1945 Walker. HH-MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN2847.webp
    DSCN2847.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCN2844.webp
    DSCN2844.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0
ya gotta love the stupid remarks you get like that...ya still want it LOL
thats up there with the tellers that think mercury dimes are not US coins etc.
man thats great!
 
jewelerdave said:
ya gotta love the stupid remarks you get like that...ya still want it LOL
You are so right. Once went up to a teller and asked the usual questions. She pulled out a double handfull of JFKs. Asked if I really wanted them because they were so black. Almost had a "Depends" moment :wink: I said sure, they are Ok. Forget how many I got but most were 90% :o :o :o
 
why is she looking at the dates anyway....she obviously has no clue so why look...just hand them over... :icon_scratch:
 
Outstanding MM.....you don't pull Morgans everyday. Good work! Congrats.
 
Nice. I had an 1883 tossed across the couner to me. Can't beat a silver dollar for a buck.
 
I still remember finding my first silver dollar...


...(not crh but lead to it) it was 1977

I was collecting cans at the dump (just up the road from our house 1/4 mile) found a shoe box full of old coins (BTW this was the start of my coin hunting Hobie my grandfather showed me that I could also find silver dimes wheat pennies ect from the bank so I put my next pay check into dimes/cents. 2.25/hour I was rich) any way In the box was a lot of wheats some Indians, silver dimes, quarters and some mixed Canadian silver and a 1901 O silver dollar. I still have this coin!!! a few months later got a ride to bank with grandfather was cashing check to get dimes And saw tellers tray was almost full of silver halves so switched over
I was hooked.. silver was easy back then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom