What's new

FOUND NEED HELP.

FB, if you're really serious about getting into prospecting, the BEST thing I can suggest is that you order a decent book that helps explain a LOT of information quickly and easily. That way, you don't have to give out site info if you don't feel comfortable. Plus you can learn at your own pace, as well as keeping the book for reference.

Recently, I ordered a copy of "The Modern Goldseekers Manual", by Tom Bryant. It is available from this website:
Bedrock Supply LTD. Serving Edmonton Alberta since 1972.

These are the folks that publish the book. You "can" buy it stateside, but expect to pay a heck of a lot more for it!! This book is a fantastic beginner-to-intermediate book. Covers everything from panning and sluicing on through using jigs and hard rock mining. It is SUPER easy to read!! (<-- I can't emphasize that enough) Tom did a wonderful job writing everything in simple-to-understand language. The book lists for $19.95. There will be a little for shipping, but not much - probably less than $5.

If you want to know about the author, he has TONS of great posts on another forum, where his username is GollyMrScience, although he has been away for quite some time. Tom truly knows his stuff!! ...There may be other books out there just as good or for less money, but I can personally vouch for this one.
 
KCM, ALex burke, too

Thanks guys. Yes, I am serious. I just want to go about it the right way, you know?. I never shot a buck first and learned everything else second. I learned the safety of weapons. Then all the necessary steps to tracking, weather, etc. Shooting was the last thing. I'd like to apply this the same way, with gold.

I am definitely going to look in the other sections of this forum. It is mighty big!. I don't want to get into any habit of learning bad practice. Perfect practice makes perfect!.
Oh lastly!, this may sound absurd, but are all the forum type threads here accessible?. Or is there separate membership to particular ones?. Sorry, just never done a forum before so I am still at the front door!.
 
They are all free generally, there is a charter member forum that requires membership to view but all the threads in other sections you would need to research gold mining here are free. The gold prospecting section is broken into different sections to make it easier to find info on what you want to learn about: panning, sluicing, etc. Good luck!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom