What's new

Found one!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just another crowded day at the beach...I decided to wait until the crowds thinned out..about 5 PM.

Lot's of coins out there but what I'm looking for is Gold! Then... In the dry sand...a nice 55 strong, unusual signal on my Deus turned out to be a 14K initial ring in my scoop.
e14010.gif
It's a bit light at 3.2 grams but still put a big smile on my face.

After a few more coins I got a heart stopper..the one with the diamonds (upper left)..darn junk. Another junker ring with a green glass made it three rings (but only one keeper).

Before the hunt was over I also had a nice 8Gig iPod. I'll have to get a charge cord and see if there's any ID in the iPod..otherwise I have a new music machine!

The Gold is out there..we must just Believe and have Patience and Persistence!


Finds14Junesm.jpg
Rings14June.jpg

GoldRing214Junesm.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Great find Doc, now go get the rest of the letters in the alphabet!!!
 
Great to find gold, isn't it. Makes you tingle inside. Congrats!!
 
I am glad your getting out and having fun. :hello2:
 
Great finds! Congrats. If you truly want to return the iPod, you can probably see if there's an email account set up if you can't get any account info out of it.
 
I seem to be the one to ask.... hows that Deus do on the beach? Obviously it gets gold.... great find by the way. What kind of depth dig you get on the ring and im assuming it was a dry sand find. Think you were just the first to pass the coil over it...... or was it clear enough to have found it with most top notch detectors?

Dew
 
Hi Dew...The Deus is an amazing detector. I've always had my heart set on a Fisher F-75 but when I learned about the Deus and did some research decided to go for it. The major factor for me was portability and lightness (coupled with being a top of the line machine). After 18 months I am still learning. I use it mostly on the beach and dig everything I consider a good signal. I try to mentally call each find and do real well on coins and I do also call and dig crown caps...I'm close to 95% accurate there. The trick is to go by the sound. I usually disc out bobby pins and real small foil. A 1-1/2 gram ring would ID as about 45 so I have my disc at about 42. What does fool me and the machine is the aluminum bits...from pulltabs to pieces of soda cans. Also a tightly wadded gum wrapper gives off a sweet sound.

The ring was not super deep...about 6" and it was in a high traffic (for detectorists) region. It appears not to be a new drop and I believe came out of the berm that's built up each fall and dismantled each spring (picked up a few silver coins this season). The beach is no secret, it's Seal Beach. There's at least 7 to 10 of us hitting it regularly.

The Deus is really great in the dry sand...I can't say exactly how deep it gets. Going by the numerical ID it struggles at over 8"...BUT I've hit 15" coins where the sound is sweet and no ID shows up. I'm still learning, as I said. The latest thing I learned is to double check some of the harsher sounding tones when I'm swinging fast. As I slowed down the sounds sweetened up and out popped a nickel. Of course I'm not that interested in the nickel but rather in that nickel sound alike...Gold!

In the wet sand I like a PI machine better...however when my batteries in the PI ran out the Deus did find me some stuff in the wet and even a gold ring..about 3 rings back. I checked last night and I've got 7 gold rings with the Deus in about the last 13 months.
 
Very nice finds so congratulation!!:hello2:
 
Three ring day and gold...sweet.
 
Joe, I just looooooooooove that beautiful initial ring!!:wav:

Mega congratulations on that find!

Lorraine
 
Nice, Man, you rock, Great to see you hitting it:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Awesome finds.:leprechaun-hat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom