What's new

Found today on the way to go shopping

eppingera

Full Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
124
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Asked my husband to stop at this area near a shopping center today that I have been wanting to check out. There has been recent dirt work on a dead end road not far from a big creek. This was right by the road in the drainage ditch!
 

Attachments

  • image-266062498.webp
    image-266062498.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1247275239.webp
    image-1247275239.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image-2894580304.webp
    image-2894580304.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0
Nice knife !!! Maybe I should go shopping with my wife more lolHH
 
Very good find:thumbsup:, that's why when I see dirt work I always stop and look.
 
Me to and I do dirt work so when I'm digging I'm looking lol
 
KILLER! Wow, that's got thick patina. Bet it's old as dirt!
 
Super find! Love that patina..looks ancient that one does.
 
Thanks all! I had thought it would be a good place to look but never really expected to find anything. Any idea how old or what type it might be?
 
Looks early archaic my guess 6 to 8000 BP
 
Thanks all! I had thought it would be a good place to look but never really expected to find anything. Any idea how old or what type it might be?

What state are you in?
 
Great shopping trip.
 
It may be a Harpeth River.. 8,500-11,000 BP.
They have weak shoulders to begin with then if it's seen a re-sharpening. They almost disappear.
 
Last edited:
Gator sounds right here !!
 
Now thats a pretty one.
 
It may be a Harpeth River.. 8,500-11,000 BP.
They have weak shoulders to begin with then if it's seen a re-sharpening. They almost disappear.

Holy cow how cool is that! And not 100 yards from Walmart! It's amazing that it survived all this time with the construction all around it. Makes me wonder how many artifacts from that site were destroyed.
 
I'd get back there and look more if I were you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom