What's new

Full time employment or retirement - survey on MDers

Retired, Operating Engineer, used to dig BIG holes, now small ones, for fun!!
 
Retired 2 weeks ago today. I put in 33 years doing AV equipment repair and later computer maintenance. Now I have time for fishing, four wheeling, motorcycle riding, guitar picking, and metal detecting....as soon as we get some rain to soften the ground up!:hello2:
 
just graduated with my masters in mechanical engineering--- now work full time as an engineer for an aircraft engine manufacturer
 
I'm in school for now. I can't wait to retire lol! Happy hunting!
 
retired firefighter (31 yrs.) now try to do as little work as possible
 
Still workin....i gotta support all the low lifes milkn the system ....yeah!!!
 
Firefighting 36 years boy has that job changed! The reason so many people say they have no time after retirement is what use to take you 1 day to do a job now it takes 3 just because Ah. i can do it tomorrow:laughing7:
 
Machinist 25 years, Vibration Analyst- Rotating Equipment Technician past 2 years.
 
A lot of law enforcement, fire fighters and military personnel....Thank you for your services....tough, but rewarding careers....I work for the electric company...keeping the lights on is my game
 
Retiring Jan 1, 2014. Currently Director of Road Operations for the Port Authority. Six years Army ASA and 17 years Air Force Reserves. C-130 Rigger 911th Airlift Wing. New to this hobby!!!
Rich
 
I work in business administration. I will retire in 35+ years if I'm lucky.
 
I have been disabled since 1988. Used to be EMT/Medical Assistant. Also taught kindergarten for a short time.

Husband is an Electrical Engineer who is currently working as an manufacturing manager for a medical device company. Looking forward to retiring in about 13 years. :hello2: We can't wait!

Anita
 
Currently serving in the Air Force, F15 jet engine mechanic
 
Work full-time for health Care Insurance company in the marketing dept., doing graphic design and production.
 
I am in the Air Force(2T370) Vehicle Maintenance with 4.5 years left till I can retire. No Idea what my next job will be but I hope it involves history.
 
Retired Detective from Worthington MN......now living in Brandon SD to be nearer our daughter in Sioux Falls (OK, plus there's NO state tax in SD :laughing7:). Been detecting for 30 plus years and now really have time for the hobby:metaldetector:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom