What's new

Georgian period wax seal

The Fog

Jr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
198
Golden Thread
1
Location
MA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Hello T-netters! An interesting find today, a first for me, a wax seal. Looking at examples online and the other items I've found at the site it looks Georgian. Can't wait to melt some wax and give it a go! Have a great Memorial Day.
 

Attachments

  • waxseal1.webp
    waxseal1.webp
    763.1 KB · Views: 245
  • waxseal2.webp
    waxseal2.webp
    531.5 KB · Views: 209
  • waxseal3.webp
    waxseal3.webp
    421.2 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 38
Interesting indeed! Can't wait to find out more about this one! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Ive always called those the prizes of detecting!
Wonderful find and a nice one at that, definitely an old one and no doubt Georgian period
 
Wow! That is an amazing find! I would totally freak out if I found that! Wax seals are always great & that one is a museum quality beauty. Congrats!
 
Getting one of these has been on the top ten list FOREVER! Congrats on the seal recovery it's a real beauty.
 
Fantastic find. That's a real beauty to be proud of for sure! Love the pictures. :icon_thumleft:
 
That's a gorgeous Georgian seal. Congrats
 
8-) nice ! Lets see the wax impression , very kool find :o
 
That is definitely a prize there..
Who ever owned that was high up on the social scale. .
Great find!!!
George
 
Oh wow. That is a remarkable find! I would wax seal every letter I mailed for the rest of my life if I found one that cool!
 
Congratulations on a super, historical, significant relic! Also anticipating the seal revelation...Sub 8-)
 
Boy if I found that wax seal I would have SQUEALED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SURE IS A BEAUTY,WAY TO GO FOG, NICE INDEED,VANZUTPHEN
 
Last edited:
Wow Fog ...That seal is awesome...I'm sure I walked right beside that..I pounded that area..all I found was a toasted 1695-1701 copper... Congrats that seal is an awesome find
 
Now that is cool!! Great find.
 
That's one sweet relic there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom