What's new

Gold Bracelet From The Depths

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm pretty excited to be able to post my latest Gold find from today! I have to say this Dual Field really agrees with me. One thing I should mention is that it has been modded to shorten the coil cable by the previous owner. I'm not sure how much of an improvement that gives...but for sure it has been very successful for me.

I've covered all my usual spots in the past few days and so decided to do the local dog beach. I usually only come here a few times a year. it's amazing and wonderful to see how happy the dogs are ... running free and uninhibited. It was just after the afternoon low tide detecting in the wet sand and my only successes were lots of corroded cents. I hit a few pockets and some junk jewelery but it was a beautiful day and I was enjoying myself.

A few targets were over 15" deep and I decided to abandon them. They just didn't sound good enough to waste all that time digging them out with the small scoop I had brought (Next time it's the Biggie). So I get another real deep signal. I'm down close to 15" and it's deeper still. It had a good sound and I continued to dig. Finally it was out of there. I scooped it up and I could tell it was Gold! I tried to make out the marking and it looked like 4K and VER . As I trudged back to my car I was thinking...4K? VER? Vermeil? When I took the photos I could see it was actually 14K and MEX with a weak "1".
e14015.gif
It has an old appearing design that has what appears like stylized fish of 2 different gold colors, rose and white with the body of the bracelet yellow gold. It's an adjustable design which I'll have to photograph tomorrow. It's quite interesting.

So it's 6.4 grams ($200 melt). In less than a month the dual field has gotten me five pieces of Gold Jewelery, all 14K, for a total weight of 30.54 grams! I think this detector is a keeper!


goldbraceletdet24octsm.jpg
goldbracelet24octsm.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the Huge Gold!
 
:wav::wav::weee:You Rock Joe,So very happy for you I think your wife is looking after you and your boys:icon_thumright:
That looks like a Hawaiian Bracelet,the design looks so much like it,wishing you many more,,HH:hello:
 
WHat a sweet score.. Hope you find many more like it..
 
DJP,
Thats not found every day!!!:icon_thumleft:

SnT
 
icon_thumleft.gif
Well done!!
e14015.gif
Congratulations!!
 
Great find! I never leave home without my dual field or excal anymore. Both great machines.
 
Id call that a keeper as well..... lots of gold there Joe. Just think what you left in those holes lol.

Dew
 
That is one nice bracelet! Can't imagine how excited you were to see that come out of the sand. Congratulations!
 
Whoo Hoo! Awesome bracelet, Joe. A keeper for sure. :hello2:

HH,
Anita
 
Congrats on the big gold! Might be worth your effort to look into the other deep signals?
 
Nice gold.
I have a collection of tags from my local dog beach.
:occasion14:
 
A few more photos. I'm pretty sure this is intended for a child.

The image appears to be a stylized fish or whale? And..it does have a Hawaiian look.

Braceletdet1sm.jpg
Braceletdet2sm.jpg
Braceletdet3sm.jpg
 
Congrats!

I'm still looking for my 1st gold find. I guess I need to earn it through the bottle caps, pop tabs, tent stakes and a small amount of clad.

It's great to see others score big!

Happy Trails!
 
Awesome find Joe.:icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats!

I'm still looking for my 1st gold find. I guess I need to earn it through the bottle caps, pop tabs, tent stakes and a small amount of clad.

It's great to see others score big!

Happy Trails!
Keep at it Golden oaks ,it will come:icon_thumright:,,HH:hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom