What's new

Help ID US Navy Military Button

Homerun04

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
DFX
Could use help ID'ing this button so I can date it.....all it says on reverse is "Treble Gilt * Stand Colour"......thx.
 

Attachments

  • Navy Button1.webp
    Navy Button1.webp
    150.1 KB · Views: 466
  • Navy Button2.webp
    Navy Button2.webp
    149.4 KB · Views: 451
Hi I just thought a resize would help.Nice button though :icon_thumleft:.

hammered
 

Attachments

  • Web Navy Button1.webp
    Web Navy Button1.webp
    100 KB · Views: 366
  • Web Navy Button2.webp
    Web Navy Button2.webp
    98.7 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
I'm sure IP or someone with better books than I have will give a positive answer, but this button looks more like a blazer button than a military one to me.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
Me too. The eagle usually sits atop the anchor - Navy - or on the side - Marines - and the loop is most always down. The anchor itself is usually fouled.

But there a lot of military designs out there.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
I stand corrected.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • anchor1.webp
    anchor1.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 336
  • anchor2.webp
    anchor2.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0
Nice. The ones with the anchor in the chest are rarer than the ones with the eagle on the anchors. I believe that button dates 1814 to 1820 or so. A nice button for sure
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I stand corrected.

Daryl

Well done Daryl, it had me fooled ;D.

hammered
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
Nice. The ones with the anchor in the chest are rarer than the ones with the eagle on the anchors. I believe that button dates 1814 to 1820 or so. A nice button for sure


I find it odd Albert's doesn't give a timeline for so many buttons. Even a wide range if need be would be better than nothing or just saying post war.
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:
Nice. The ones with the anchor in the chest are rarer than the ones with the eagle on the anchors. I believe that button dates 1814 to 1820 or so. A nice button for sure


I find it odd Albert's doesn't give a timeline for so many buttons. Even a wide range if need be would be better than nothing or just saying post war.
Yep it is aggravating sometimes. As far as I know the one piece buttons with the oval around the design,like on the navy button posted, always date 1814 to 1820.
 
Upvote 0
note the old european way to spell "color" --"colour" *
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
note the old european way to spell "color" --"colour" *
Yea the correct way :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
the word "colour" when used on "american" buttons * tend to be older burttons --early 1800 - to say 1820ish button is the point I'm driving at
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom