What's new

Help with Coca Cola bottles identification

patheon

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 11, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toronto, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I bought "stretched" bottle of Coke (1 liter volume) from garage sale, need help with the identification of the origin and tentative price. The bottle is unopened and looks like some sort of promotional item.
please let me know by posting or responding to krausecatalog@gmail.com
Thank you
 

Attachments

  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,084
  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 2,157
The best I know is those were popular in the 70's and don't really have a collector value that I'm am aware of. I could be wrong.
 
Upvote 0
I am a professional Soda Pop antique collector(: These were extremely popular in the late 60's and early 70s. 7UP, Coke, Pepsi, even RC cola all had ones made like this. I am not 100% sure how these were made, but they are hard to come by. I'm yet to find a coke one. Good find!
 
Upvote 0
An empty stretched Coke bottle for sale here for $8.00
Welcome to Sodamuseum.com
Don.....

Thanks to all responders. Don, my bottle is 27" tall whereas the one posted at sodamuseum is 16". Looks like it's a keeper, can't even imagine how I can ship it without potential damage.
 
Upvote 0
Those were sold at amusment parks. and its not soda in there! I had one that broke its colored water that smells like sewage! LOL! stretched pop bottles and lava lamps were the big thing! somebody took care to save it, its not broken
 
Upvote 0
I think its pretty coooooooooool looking!!! Never seen anything like that before.
 
Upvote 0
Those were sold at amusment parks. and its not soda in there! I had one that broke its colored water that smells like sewage! LOL! stretched pop bottles and lava lamps were the big thing! somebody took care to save it, its not broken
I agree. It's more than likely not coke in there, just colored water. Those caps are easy to re-apply and still look new. I know from personal experience. I've seen 2 of these types of bottles in the last few months during my treasure hunting excursions at garage sales/estate sales etc.

As for shipping it... lots of bubble wrap and double boxed. Cool throwback from the 60's/70's, not too much value in it though unfortunately. 2 things going for yours though are, it's a large bottle and it's Canadian. Bad thing is, a potential buyer from the US will have to pay extra because of that.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello....I'm a Newbie! Finally after two weeks I have found a site where people are interested in the same things as we are and I notice there are a few Soda Bottle Collectors that may be able to helpidentifying some that I couldn't. My husband has been digging for a month, I get to do the fun part....cleaning and research:laughing7:.....Nah, it's quite interesting in what he has found and the history I have learned. I know we have almost every kind of soda bottle (seems like it) that you could find by the hundreds at his digging location and everyday there is more, not just soda bottles, vintage medicine, perfume, Mason Jars, Pharmacists Bottles, alot of blown glass...I find alot with him sometimes because for a month straight I have studied, so the Identifying marks catch my eye easier than his, we have been blessed in finding hundreds close to thousands! Look forward to later posts, your profile and love for this caught my eye:)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello....I'm a Newbie! Finally after two weeks I have found a site where people are interested in the same things as we are and I notice there are a few Soda Bottle Collectors that may be able to helpidentifying some that I couldn't. My husband has been digging for a month, I get to do the fun part....cleaning and research:laughing7:.....Nah, it's quite interesting in what he has found and the history I have learned. I know we have almost every kind of soda bottle (seems like it) that you could find by the hundreds at his digging location and everyday there is more, not just soda bottles, vintage medicine, perfume, Mason Jars, Pharmacists Bottles, alot of blown glass...I find alot with him sometimes because for a month straight I have studied, so the Identifying marks catch my eye easier than his, we have been blessed in finding hundreds close to thousands! Look forward to later posts, your profile and love for this caught my eye:)
Let me direct you to the correct forum location here- Bottles & Glass
There are many on here that would be glad to help you out in identifying what you have. Welcome to Tnet, the best treasure hunting site there is.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom