What's new

Help With This Pewter Button

foundation hunter

Full Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2009
Messages
193
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
I think this pewter button may bu rev. war cant make out what those letters mean.
Thanks Gary
 

Attachments

  • PUEWER 002.webp
    PUEWER 002.webp
    407.3 KB · Views: 298
  • PUWER 010.webp
    PUWER 010.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 291
I think its a Fleur-de-lue but the central piece is faint.

Rev War period, but I'm not sure its Military although IP might have a better clue.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I think its a Fleur-de-lue but the central piece is faint.

Rev War period, but I'm not sure its Military although IP might have a better clue.


Kinda does look like a FDL, and if so, I'm not sure how much there will be to find out. It is an oldie though!
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
I think its a Fleur-de-lue but the central piece is faint.

Rev War period, but I'm not sure its Military although IP might have a better clue.


Kinda does look like a FDL, and if so, I'm not sure how much there will be to find out. It is an oldie though!
whats a FDL
 
Upvote 0
I have to agree with Crusader and IP. A cool old button though.
 
Upvote 0
Fleur-de-lue? Maybe Fleur-de-lis (or fleur-de-lys)???

Fleur-de-lue is a new one for me so I need some help.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Fleur-de-lue? Maybe Fleur-de-lis (or fleur-de-lys)???

Fleur-de-lue is a new one for me so I need some help.

Daryl
Fleur-de-lis :icon_thumright:

just my spelling mistake
 
Upvote 0
I'm just going to throw this out there even though I'm probably completely off but I see some resemblance to this button design. I don't think it is the same but perhaps it is something like it-

From Albert book pg 11

X2. USA monogram with number 16 at side. Cast lead 1-piece with evidence of chemical corrosion. Blank; 24 mm (Date?)

A. With thin copper wire shank (with plastic insulation)

B. With two holes instead of shank

2cprvys.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
I'm just going to throw this out there even though I'm probably completely off but I see some resemblance to this button design. I don't think it is the same but perhaps it is something like it-

From Albert book pg 11

X2. USA monogram with number 16 at side. Cast lead 1-piece with evidence of chemical corrosion. Blank; 24 mm (Date?)

A. With thin copper wire shank (with plastic insulation)

B. With two holes instead of shank




That USA is cool, but we are talking apples and.... cantaloupe to compare them. But I do see what you mean about the design being similar, in a way.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah I know. I just saw it and couldn't not post it.

I need more self-control :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
Yeah I know. I just saw it and couldn't not post it.

I need more self-control :laughing7:


No it's ok, I've never noticed that USA one before. You can be sure it's a pretty rare one to find!
 
Upvote 0
Below is a bad drawing of what I see. Its a very crude Fleur-de-lis but not much different to the design on many of my Lead Tokens.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    8.4 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Below is a bad drawing of what I see. Its a very crude Fleur-de-lis but not much different to the design on many of my Lead Tokens.


I know the tokens you are talking about. Are many of those able to be traced? There doesn't appear to be much to go on other than the design and maybe some initials.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Below is a bad drawing of what I see. Its a very crude Fleur-de-lis but not much different to the design on many of my Lead Tokens.

I turned it around in this photo but in negative view, there seems to be two V like lines. I have no idea what it is but am not convinced it is a Fleur-de-lis, but guess it could be a crude one.
 

Attachments

  • PUWER 010negative.webp
    PUWER 010negative.webp
    202.6 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
CRUSADER said:
Below is a bad drawing of what I see. Its a very crude Fleur-de-lis but not much different to the design on many of my Lead Tokens.

I turned it around in this photo but in negative view, there seems to be two V like lines. I have no idea what it is but am not convinced it is a Fleur-de-lis, but guess it could be a crude one.

I'm 100% sure, I've seen cruder.
 
Upvote 0
It looks familiar and may be a monogram. Ill bump it up and search later.
 
Upvote 0
Second thought it resembles this Fleur De Lis on this military pin.
 

Attachments

  • fleur de lis42310_Pin.webp
    fleur de lis42310_Pin.webp
    122.2 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom