CMDiamonddawg
Silver Member
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2009
- Messages
- 4,508
- Reaction score
- 975
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Jersey Cape
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello, T Net , Mothers Day
My Best to All The Moms out there
Today was a hot one here in Jersey , close to 80 degrees . :P Near the old gristmill are a few cellar holes that I located last month . I started working around a pile of bricks that where piled up near a hole that likely was a well . The bottle diggers in my area really worked this place over . Broken bottles and junk iron has been stacked near trees . The first find today was a rat tail pewter spoon , a big one compared to most . Moments after the spoon an iron tea pot spout . I'm thinkin'
must have been the kitchen , stone ware , and my first silver at this site .
A small tea spoon with PROVE and silver smitty mark AB 8) I went into a diggin' frenzy when I found the spoons . :P First coin was a copper , holed , an has a rose on the back
Dug parts of a wood stove . The kitchen was cookin' two more green discs ,1787 or 88 Jersey copper , reverse is toast and another mystery coin ?? . I dug a trench two and a half foot deep and started seeing chards , and more stoneware and glass . Another coin , this one is a black one ... silver
British 1757 sixpence !! Felt good to be back , an eight hour hunt yielded some decent finds . I left there covered with dirt . I hope the pics tell the rest of the story . Thanks for stopping in 8) Dawg Update on silver spoon; I checked the silversmith site and found a silversmith mark very similar to ; Andrew Billings
Preston, CT; Fishkill, NY; and Poughkeepsie, NY c. 1773-1805
Served as a captain in the Revolutionary War.
A small tea spoon with PROVE and silver smitty mark AB 8) I went into a diggin' frenzy when I found the spoons . :P First coin was a copper , holed , an has a rose on the back
Dug parts of a wood stove . The kitchen was cookin' two more green discs ,1787 or 88 Jersey copper , reverse is toast and another mystery coin ?? . I dug a trench two and a half foot deep and started seeing chards , and more stoneware and glass . Another coin , this one is a black one ... silver
British 1757 sixpence !! Felt good to be back , an eight hour hunt yielded some decent finds . I left there covered with dirt . I hope the pics tell the rest of the story . Thanks for stopping in 8) Dawg Update on silver spoon; I checked the silversmith site and found a silversmith mark very similar to ; Andrew BillingsPreston, CT; Fishkill, NY; and Poughkeepsie, NY c. 1773-1805
Served as a captain in the Revolutionary War.
Attachments
-
dawg1.webp172.1 KB · Views: 5,810 -
36.webp60.1 KB · Views: 5,728 -
33.webp31.7 KB · Views: 5,679 -
12.webp44.5 KB · Views: 5,682 -
22.webp64.1 KB · Views: 5,653 -
23.webp65.4 KB · Views: 5,645 -
26.webp53.4 KB · Views: 5,586 -
18.webp43.4 KB · Views: 5,614 -
20.webp52.4 KB · Views: 5,579 -
27.webp52.1 KB · Views: 5,559 -
28.webp52.4 KB · Views: 5,526 -
sixpence coin.webp94 KB · Views: 5,026
Upvote
6
Beats what we find anyday 

are eligible for recognition
8) 






