What's new

How Deep have you dug..

Dug the bottom portion of a Confederate Reed shell at 19 inches deep in a farm field. As far as coin, I pulled a Barber quarter at 11 inches in nice, black dirt. The deepest mine-ball I dug was a dropped .69 at 13 inches. All with a Minelab CTX-3030.
 
I dug a 20 lb Parrott shell in Arkansas at about 2.5 feet.
 
seated half and 4 or 5 largies at like 15 or 16 inches.
 
Just a couple months ago i got a signal and dug down over 3' for a piece of iron, it was a 10" 3 legged spider skillet that was 2/3rds complete but had handle and all. also 10 years ago i dug over 2' for a 12 lb cannon ball complete.... one of better finds... When i dug the skillet i pulled up charred wood from a fire and also there was 3 ringers and p- caps around the area.

skillet 1.webp skillet 3.webp skillet 2.webp

cannon ball 1.webp
 
Last edited:
I dug a number of feet deep just to find an old Volkswagen.
 
Just over two feet. Turned out to be an aluminum pie "tin" and not very old. Grrrrrrrrr.
 
I thought gay early 1800s French cannonball and it was about 2 1/2 feet down and I will mail it was slow to fill that hole back In this Louisiana mud clayIMG_1662.webp
IMG_1626.webp
IMG_1664.webp
 
30" or so with an older, older, Tesoro. It was a 3 pound cannonball. Had a hard time getting it out of the hole.
 
Not so glamorus for me. Had my Whites Coinmaster. At 14 inches I was looking at the bottom of an aluminum can. I didn't remove it.
 
It turned out to be a 2.3-ounce gold nugget under the GPX-5000 coil. I dug so deep they had to send a spelunking rescue team to find me!
 
Terry, sound like that aluminum can I found over 2' deep with the Tesoro Cibola centuries ago at the beach.
 
4 ft., when my dad wanted me to dig a new tile line for our septic. It was 4 feet down, 3 feet wide, and 20 feet long (with hands and shovel, not a tractor). That's when I was young ! Never did find any treasure in that trench.
 
Certainly not a full sized ?

The hood and top was as far as I got, I found out later that it may have been a land fill area. And yes it was full sized with some paint left. There were some off colored sounds coming from me as I restored the area back to its original contour.
 
I have dig arrowheads over 20ft deep several different spots. No deep signal1s though
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom